battery relocation...?

theUNYTEDone

my 90 ST185 has a battery about half the size of a regular battery. i do believe it's been relocated to JUST behind the mass air flow sensor, in the even that an HKS intake was installed. would this smaller battery prove to be weaker than a regular sized on? i'll soon have pics of this for you guys to check out. it's really weird. but my intake is nice and straight (short as well...) like...idk, it's just weird. and it feels like my car is wear during engine turn over....due to weak puny little battery?

3DZ

your battery should be fine, the only difference is it has low cranking AMPs. so it might be harder to start

theUNYTEDone

would it be recommended that i get a battery with more ampage then? cause it bothers me so much. cold start injector also dumps more fuel than ought during warmup...

jprine01

The battery wont cause your cold start injector to do funky things like that. The only reason I could see to get a battery with more amps is if your car has a hard time cranking the engine initially.

db

You'd also want to get a larger, deep cycle battery if you ever want to get a good stereo system going.