UK Carlos Sainz owner (Now with Pics)

stevenb

Just thought I'd pop in and say hello.

been aware of this forum for some time but never got round to joining up...but here I am now.

I have a 1992 UK spec (one of only 440 official imported) Carlos Sainz in Black (best colour :) ) and I enjoy it very much.

See you around. :cool:

Steve

stevenb

Here are some pics. I took about a month ago.
I hope they come out ok.

7ef4bbe2835c8245c801ebe9327eb25a.jpg

b90fd845c8253785100f307f2f7b9ada.jpg

ee164a605d09ae8c77cf9c41f74b5a3b.jpg

5f69ca3fac9be38b4d483f554d88c062.jpg

3d278af388a7d80defe5097adf941c01.jpg

Steve

stevenb

Hi,

The exhaust is a Mongoose system.
It's quiet at cruising speeds and loud when you boot it.....mind you...thats because I have the XS-Power downpipe fitted too.

Steve

stevenb

To be honest I don't think it's that good.
The fitment was poor to say the least and although it looks good and is cheap I'd choose an Aussie Downpipe everytime.
At the time the XS was all I could afford.
Luckily it's on my car and doing ok so fingers crossed it stays that way.

justjoe

Car looks great.. Must be nice being able to purchase a CS =)
And I do love the color.. that is the color that my wife (Darth-Ripley) and I wanted to get.. but ended up getting Red because it was such a nice car.

Enjoy your stay =)

Cheers

stevenb

Thanks Joe.
I see from your sig. that you have an aw11. 8)

I had an absolute mint condition Sherwood Toning (Green over Gold) two tone MR2 mk1 (aw11). 1986 mk1a. I was only it's 2nd owner. Prior to that I had a mk1b in Mica Blue which was also in fantastic condition.
Great little cars.

As for my Carlos Sainz I was lucky that the chap who advertised it used a picture that was a little discreet and he merely decribed it as a Ltd Edition.....so when I arrived to take a look at it and found it was a CS I just had to snap it up. So I did. :)
Black is my favourite colour for any car.....2nd has to be dark metallic blue....3rd has to be........ :p

Steve

Meurz

I'd swear I've seen you on other forums too.. :lol:

Nice one Steve, I assume you're keeping the beast after all? 8)

theUNYTEDone

ah, the fitment issues seem to be relevant with every ssac dpipe..however, the performance gains were awesome....only issues for me were the dipstick tube (barely), taking out my oil filter (insall only, it's fine now), and the heat shield, but that's gone now anyway...it should hold up for ages, given you're running it with the bracket.

stevenb

My dipstick tube wasn't really affected bit the level indicator dipstick had to be slightly bent so as to stop touching the downpipe. I have used a cable tie just to pull it away from the downpipe.
The oil filter has not been changed since I fitted the downpipe so will have to cross that bridge when I come to it.
The heatsheild touches the where the sensor goes into the downpipe. I will have to remove the heatsheild and trim around the edge so that it doesn't foul the edges any more.
I would not run a GT4 without a heatsheild...thats asking for trouble.
:shock:

not12listen

steven,

great looking CS. :) my fiancee and i purchased a 1988 GT-Four a few months back (black w/ white hood and sunroof). we have a source for the CS motor and transmission. it is missing the ALS though.

i've no doubt that we're still going to enjoy it tremendously.

btw - i have an 86 MR2 (aw11), and an 87 Corolla GTS (ae86). she has an 85 mr2 and an 88 SuperCharged mr2... our roommate has an 88 Supra (ma70).

needless to say, we're all huge toyota fans! :)

again, great looking CS, and i hope she treats you well. :)