hello all

90TURBO4WD

hi there
been past this site many times before great info and has helped me answer some questions i didnt even know i had. i finally got around to registering soo.....

st185
1990 celica turbo4wd (this must be a CDM thing not having the name alltrac and having this insted)
fresh paint-torrador red
fresh bodywork- new fenders bumper whole body worked out and cleaned up
fmic- well its halfway there its in the garage waiting to get put on
JDM 3s-gte ceramic ct26

it seems to me im on par for an alltrac owner i have owned it for a year and ahalf maybe a little longer and it has only seen the road for about 8 or 9 months of it.
had to put in the jdm engine 3 months after i bought the car as the old motor blew compression in two cylinders (i had to drive about 200 km home from the ski hill i was at because a tow wouldve costed around 400 or 500 dollars, i know it was just asking to hurt it more but at the time it was the only choice. however the heroic story to come out of this was i got home on two cyl i couldnt belive it i went through some really bigs hills as this was in the rockies but i was only moving at about 80 km/h so like 50mph im no good on conversion any way when i finally made it home it was way past dark and i popped the hood to survey the damage of the drive and i dont think i have seen something glowing soo hot, and the best part is it diddnt warp or nothing(i thought it might warp a bit it was like -25C like 15 below F ?? i dunno) a buddy of mine is now using this turbo on his ae86).so when i bought the car the seller told me the engine was rebuilt as was the turbo and whatnot. even had the invoices, i looked it over the work on the invoice seemed to match what he was sayin, well here is the thing the vin number on the invoice was different and on these specific invoices it didnt list hte vehicle name model etc. well needless to say the car i bought didnt get rebuilt and i got taken buyer beware i guess i f'ed up i know and hear from too many people that i bought this car and its been nothing but a money pit. but after all im the one driving it (and paying for all the repair bills) and i know it is all worth it
because well .. i guess i dont have to explain to this board i have a feeling you all know why.
best part of owning her. other than just having her run properly. is all the attention a 16 year old import car gets. you get the guys that cant figure out why you fab'd in a hood scoop for a celica, the random guy in the parking lot giving you an offer to buy it (happened twice to me already), and the thought of i can beat on some truly nice cars on the track.
i have had many older guys who are very domestic car guys (chevelles, 'stangs, 'vettes) say this car is a waste of time and money because they put less money into their vehicles and could beat me on a quarter mile. well i have no problem saying i will lose but i then say lets go put both of cars in the real world highway fun driving (not street racing or anything like that im just sayin fun twisty type of highway drive) and lets see who can out handle etc. being here in calgary im about an hour drive from some of the best driving (might be a little bit of personal opinion) and those roads get tight, twisty up and down and well... lots of fun. this is what the car was made for (and a wicked out of the hole launch)
but anyway losing track here... just sayin hello and i will talk to you all soon

Jeff

maxaud

Lets see some pictures! Also, your not too far away from me, we should meet up or something sometime.

90TURBO4WD

here is a couple of pics
the only pics i can find on my computer at work are the ones when it is all taken apart getting ready to go to the bodyshop i will try and find some better ones when i get home

Attachments

• celica 054.jpg
    celica 054.jpg
    855 KB · Views: 45
  • celica 056.jpg
    celica 056.jpg
    734.2 KB · Views: 45
  • celica 021.jpg
    celica 021.jpg
    765.2 KB · Views: 60

syko says

NICE SAVE! and that one looks better than my red one :| kind of. looks hurt and sad, but i know you'll make it happy and give it a great home! and welcome to the board! you'll love it.. i do :D

theUNYTEDone

its better because it has exhaust...lol!!!
dont worry, evan...

but anywya, which exhaust IS that in the pics? it seems to point down... :|

90TURBO4WD

apexi n1 turbo

well the exhaust pointing down that was because i took it in and told them i wanted to have it kinda pointed to the right and up.... well somehow they said there was no way and left it. i know it is tight but.. oh well i got used to the look but im probably gonna change it to the way i want. im not a huge fan of just straight out the back i love the angle.. we'll see how it works

theUNYTEDone

90TURBO4WD":1dznrcy1 said:
apexi n1 turbo

well the exhaust pointing down that was because i took it in and told them i wanted to have it kinda pointed to the right and up.... well somehow they said there was no way and left it. i know it is tight but.. oh well i got used to the look but im probably gonna change it to the way i want. im not a huge fan of just straight out the back i love the angle.. we'll see how it works

haha, well keep us posted with that (my exhaust guy also gave me that answer) hmm...

anyway, i've got a friend who can do it for me, but that'llhave to be later down the road for me.

good luck!

90TURBO4WD

new pic
more on the way just gotta find my camera cord

jeffs20carpr0.jpg

TomsGT4

Ummmm wow is that the same car?
I'll be driving out to Calgary next summer.
Last time I was out that way I ran through some back roads around Canmore/Banff -definitely kick-ass!
So maybe you can show me those twisties :D

90TURBO4WD

finally downloaded pics
these are all after my paintjob, all of my before pics disappeared im a little pissed off about that but oh well
i will be doing headers,downpipe intercooler bov and some other motor work when she gets parked
starting to think i shouldnt have got it painted yet since i need to do all this mechanical work. i guess i will just have to be more careful :doh: