extension taken off orignal shifter.....

smog7

ok well i talked to one of the previous owners of my car and he said that he took off an extension of the shifter to make it shorter...... should i try and find the extension piece if i can? im not sure if i can place a shift ball on it due to the fact that their are no threads on it..... sorry for the big pick

IMGP0339.jpg

smog7

heres some better pictures...

IMGP0342.jpg

the white thing is a broken off piece of the shitty shift ball...
IMGP0343.jpg

HaPpYfAcE

you're going to need a shift knob that secures with a hex screw or just a screw on the side that you can tighten down.

i know that there is a certain momo knob that does this, but i don't have one nor do i know which model it is specifically.

Qlynxer

I would just upgrade to an acutal short shifter. TWM makes a great shifter that will have threads on it so you can screw on any shift knob. One of the best mods for the all-trac and not too expensive either.

Quan L

smog7

yeah im too poor right now to buy a short shifter, but in the future hopefully i will invest in one. as for now, i think im going to glue the knob that i have to the shifter.. any glue or epoxy recommendations?

Gary

Stock shifters from 1992-1998 FWD Celica are bolt on and have shorter throw than 90-91 shifter. I bought one for $15.

tw2

You can easily add threads to it. Just get a tap and die set and do it yourself or take it to your local fabricator- shouldn't cost more than $5 to do. If you want it longer simply weld some metal bar onto it, if it is stuck in a lathe and then welded properly it should be very strong and function very well.