quality of aftermarket radiators

protohalo

I'm looking to get another radiator for my 165, in case i can't get my hands a good used one. Does anyone know if the Transpo or SPI radiators are any good?

They came up on a search I did at autozone.com Any feed back would be much appreciated

thanks
wilson

___Scott___

I think you will find that those radiators are not drop-in relacements for the ST165. They may be listed for it, but are likely just GT or GT-S radiators that some clown assumed was the same for the All-Trac. Dimensionally they may fit, but will have single-row cores and will be missing the turbo coolant return nipple and missing the bung for the temp sensor in the bottom tank.

The only known aftermarket radiator for the ST165 is made by Nitoma (probably the OEM supplier to Toyota for these) and is most easily sourced through 935performance.

Khyron

Yeah, +1 for 935's radiators. I got mine a little over a week after ordering it and it works great. No worries dealing with them.

d1alltrac

Toxygene":ocy7jvgv said:
I thought PWR made one for both the ST165 and the ST185?

Chris (G-Zone on here) had PWR custom make one for his 165 a long time ago but I don't think they stock them, you'd probably have to special order and hope they still have the dimensions/template.