Stupid Mistake

long story short i connected the batery backwards. :doh:
when i stuck the key in the door and tried to lock it there was sparkes and then smoke in the engine bay and once wired correctly i couldn't get anything to happen.
is there a fale safe of some sort or a master fuse that i would blown? or am i on my own because im the only person to mess this up.

hacker_720

Ya, that was dumb.
Well there is a couple of "master" fuses for things like the ECU and the EFI and such, but they are all based on the + side of things, I don't think any grounds are fused. the problem is not the current, cause that would trip the fuses, they problem is everything had the wrong polarity for a couple of seconds (min, hours?) ... I don't know what this would do, nothing good.

So you have nothing at all right?
Ok, go over all the fuses, in the fuse box and in the kick panel, replace all the ones that blew, the more that blew the better, if none blew, then you probably have bigger problems.

Do the interior lights work?
Anything at all work?

Your gonna need a multimeter.

hacker_720

upon further thought:

2 things could have happend.

1) You grounded your battery, and the ground stayed ground, so efectivly you threw your battery in a pool of water, so the battery is toast, get a new one, actually, get a new one either way. I hope this is what happend it's the easiest to fix.

2) the batter actaully reversed the polarity in the entire system,and made the chasie +12 insted of ground. The see my post before this one.