Yann from Canada!

Yann

Hi all!

Just wanted to welcome myself. I'm from Québec, Canada, I'm 26, I work as an electrical lineman and currently drive a toyota corolla 2004 CE. I did some mods on it but now it's back to stock except a few things. You can see it here

http://www.9thgencorolla.com/forum/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=12151

I've removed all the mods because I needed money to complete my course and the 1ZZFE has no potential at all, unless you have a lot of $$$$$$$.

I'll start a new topic in the general section because I have lots of questions about the GT4. I'd like to buy one, depending of the answers I'll get from you. A lot of people are saying that I'm crazy to downgrade from 2004 to 1990-1993, but hey, that's a project I want to start, I want a 4WD, turbo, nice looking and a toyota!

Thanks!

Yann

Sifu

Welcome to the board. You're probably in better shape to get the Alltracs than you're funky American neighbors.

I do suggest you keep your Corolla for daily driving and pick up an Alltrac for fun later down the road. Maintenance on older cars are always havoc, even if they are Toyota built. All I know is that if it were made by any other manufactuer at that time it'd be a heap right now...

Oh yeah and have lots of money. The Alltracs LOVE money...

Gary

Welcome.
You come to the right place asking the right questions.
I wouldn't call going from 2004 Corolla to ST185RC a downgrade.
It depends on what you want to do with your car.
They probably call a 1998 Supra TT or 1993 RX7 a downgrade too since they are like 10 years old or older. :roll:
Don't listen to them, they are not really car enthusiasts.

gt4tified

Yann":25h24r49 said:
I'll start a new topic in the general section because I have lots of questions about the GT4. I'd like to buy one, depending of the answers I'll get from you. A lot of people are saying that I'm crazy to downgrade from 2004 to 1990-1993, but hey, that's a project I want to start, I want a 4WD, turbo, nice looking and a toyota!
Yann

Yann, don't ever listen to others who have not walked the path you wish to go. I'm sure none of them even owned an alltrac.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you like and welcome to the site! I hope that you get your alltrac soon!

And as Sifu said....the gtfour & money are like Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt!

Gary

gt4tified":3ienx8uh said:
And as Sifu said....the gtfour & money are like Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt!
Wrong, Angelina is still with Brad, isn't she.
Money or Alltrac, you can only pick one.
They never stay together. :lol:

Yann

thanks for the welcome guys! the temptation is getting bigger as minutes pass.... I called my insurance to get a quote; it shouldn't be too expansive. I'll also have to get used to the right hand drive, shouldn't be a problem either!