New owner of a '93 ST185

Nightfire

Hi, I don't know too much about this car because it was actually given to me. My sister-in-law's exboyfriend was storing it at our place and when they broke up I asked him what he was going to do with it and he gave it to me. It has some issues, it was smoking the last time he ran it and doesn't know why. He tore it down to the block to possibly have the rings replaced but didn't, so all the parts, (including some brand new stuff) are sitting in the back of the car, all I have to do is put it back together and hope that the couple new parts he bought will fix the problem. If not I'll probably sell it.
If it runs ok when put back together I don't know what I will do to it, I've customized some lowriders in the past, and may go that route. We'll see! Here's links to two of my personal custom vehicles that I owned before, and I also have two motorcycles that I'm constantly modifying.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2489340
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2489342
I'll make a page for the celica once I take some pics of it and start to work on it, the Chilton's manual will be here in a couple days.
Here's a link to my bike page.
http://www.bikerworlds.com/Nightfire/

RedCelicaTRD

After looking at your CarDomain pages, I swear, if you ever do anything like crappy paint or weird interior stuff you will have half of this board after you :x Other then that, welcome :wink:

Nightfire

RedCelicaTRD":2uagsyvo said:
After looking at your CarDomain pages, I swear, if you ever do anything like crappy paint or weird interior stuff you will have half of this board after you :x Other then that, welcome :wink:

Don't worry, I won't do that stuff. That was a different crowd I rolled with at the time, and a different era. If I keep it I will do some ICE, and probably paint or cover some interior pieces.

etantshi

RedCelicaTRD":1rqy4sxl said:

lol

Corey

Any pictures of the car yet? Hope you get it running properly.
Pretty lucky to get a rare '93 dropped into your lap, incase you didnt know, only 81 '93 alltracs made it into the states that year. :) take care of 'er

and probably paint or cover some interior pieces.

paint or cover how....?

looking forward to pics :)

enzytebob

The whole interior was covered in blue crushed velvet with the trim peices covered in black, with two, blue, 12" neon tubes under the dash, and two, blue, 12" neon speaker rings around the 15's.
The exterior was painted Nissan Royal Blue, with break-away sections of Toyota Solar Yellow paint dripping down over Nissan Pacific Blue, to give it the effect that the car used to be painted blue with yellow drips and then painted purple but sections of the purple paint is falling off. The rims were switched out with deepdish, 13x7, Chrome and Gold, Ultra wires, and a set of purple ground glow installed. And "BREAKIN'" was created!

A GT-Four destined for Riceland....................

Nightfire

I lied! :shrug:

I looked at the paperwork for the car the other day and found out it is a 1990 model.

So, is it not as rare? Oh well, it was still free!!