New to forum with my Celica ST185 rally car

kevzep

Hi Guys,
I have been reading through a few threads and posts here and have found some good information.
Look forward to participating, I was a Toyota Mechanic in the 1980's, moved into another career in 1991. I built my ST185 GT4 12 years ago and have continued to develop it.
She runs a ST205 engine and transmission, Locked center Diff, Cusco RS 1.5way LSD in the rear. I modified the turbo to run a steel shaft as it runs 25lbs boost. Forged pistons, 272 degree 11mm lift cams, front mounted intercooler, although I am looking for a Water to Air cooler (ST205) as they are more efficient IMO.
About to fit a Elite transmissions Close ratio Dog Box kit when it arrives.
I run a locally made ECU, its made by a company down here called Link.
Revs to 8000rpm, I shift at 7500rpm.
I have custom Bilstein Struts made for it. The car is set up for gravel.
I have a Mishimoto triple row radiator and have done a lot of work getting the airflow into the radiator area, these cars suffer from a lack of airflow through there, so when you get upwards of 400bhp like mine, it runs too hot.
I modified my RC bumper to the horror of a few people, but seriously, need to get that cool air flowing through there..
Unfortunately it is a narrow body (its all there was available back then, but i have plans to build another shell up so on the lookout for a widebody.
I have found an RC hood which I am currently in negotiations with the owner for!!
I am also on the lookout for a way of achieving a Centre and Front LSD arrangement, looks like I'll have to get something made up....
I compete in rallysprints and Hillclimbs, have great fun doing it, looking to further refine my car and make it quicker still....

Anyway, sorry for the long post, look forward to being around here.

Cheers guys...

kevzep

Oh I thought I would put a few pictures up for you guys to see....this is before I modified the bumper for more airflow...

fysZAe.jpg

N7RR7c.jpg

IgQGIh.jpg

kevzep

underscore":1pk8xugy said:
Welcome! Did the turbo require any other modifications to run that much pressure?

Yes, it has a steel shaft instead of the ceramic one, that much pressure the shaft would fail and it would be all over in a second...