Hello from South Florida

Good evening folks, I just joined Alltrac.net tonight after buying my first Celica All-trac earlier today. This is kind of a change of pace for me, having been a part of the Nissan 240SX "community" for the past 6 years, yet I feel strangely at home somehow. I've known about and loved these cars since I was a junior in high school (2007-'08), lurking the boards at 6GC.net daily and with the ST205 of course being a pipe dream of mine. Even going back to when I was a little kid and not knowing much about anything let alone cars, I loved the 7th-gen Celicas when they were still in dealerships and guess I just evolved from there. Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself and say that I'm glad to be here.

GT4times2

Welcome!! What year and chassis do you have? Pics would be nice. Feel right at home here. Cool bunch. No egos and childish matches here.

So it finally came in. Here's a couple crappy pics, the car's in much rougher condition than I expected. It's gonna need a lot of work!

2z7lxmr.jpg

2rzb3h1.jpg

GT4times2

Looks nice. Very few Alltracs at this point aren't some sort of project. Does it need body work? What does it need?

I'm in South Florida for now (the cars are headed to Ga in a few months). If you need body man, let me know. He did my ST185. What are your plans for the car?

Congrats on the find.

First and foremost, it needs one hell of a cleaning inside & out. There's a layer of dust & dirt covering what seems like just about everything. No rust that I can see at least, and according to the car's history it was always in mild-weather states. There's a couple small dents on the left side just behind the door, and a small ding on the hatch right before the roofline. Mechanically it needs just about everything, the engine starts & runs/drives but there's no P/S and the A/C is warm. Cruise control doesn't work, ABS light is on. Brakes are pretty weak. Rear struts are shot. On the plus side, it has a real HKS Silent Hi-Power exhaust which sounds pretty good and even doesn't look too bad...and I've been past my fart-can exhaust days since way back when I got my first 240SX. Plans are to upgrade to a Gen 4 3S-GTE, CS/RC hood & bumper and just fix/replace everything to preserve & enjoy the car. I'm excited!!

GT4times2

Take it a step at a time. You're heading in the right direction with your plans for the car. Congrats again on the purchase. 4th Gen is a smart move. If you find the CS/RC hood, please let me know. I'm about to go CF (and paint it to match) if I don't find one.

Thanks GT4times. For the hood, I'm just going to go with a CF unit from ViS and have it wrapped to match. A proper wrap job will still look like paint and be more cost-effective while making it easier to remove if I ever change my mind or something. I had a Seibon on my last car (S13 coupe with the Silvia front end conversion) and the fitment was OK, but something with the latch wouldn't allow it to close completely. For the front bumper, I will definitely try to source either a JDM RC piece or a Euro CS equivalent. I have family in Poland and learned that GT4 Racing is located there and have them, so I may consider that.

GT4times2

Crack pipe":2ozvosqf said:
Thanks GT4times. For the hood, I'm just going to go with a CF unit from ViS and have it wrapped to match. A proper wrap job will still look like paint and be more cost-effective while making it easier to remove if I ever change my mind or something. I had a Seibon on my last car (S13 coupe with the Silvia front end conversion) and the fitment was OK, but something with the latch wouldn't allow it to close completely. For the front bumper, I will definitely try to source either a JDM RC piece or a Euro CS equivalent. I have family in Poland and learned that GT4 Racing is located there and have them, so I may consider that.

OK, Great!! About having family in Poland. That can help. GT4 Racing is good with customer service. Shipping seems to be a PITA with the large body parts. Klue (a member on this forum carries some of their parts, and may save on shipping). I try to get stuff on his site, but it's a challenge to order parts (items not listed on there, etc). Contacting him directly is best. He's great with communication and customer service as well.

Let me know how it works out. VIS seems to be the only way for the hood as of now. That's what I guess I'll have to do.
I have the PN for the oem hood, but finding a place that can get the parts seems to be the challenge. We can try other avenues. That's all my car need body wise.