Looking at buying a GT-4 Carlos Sainz, saying hi

katiesgarage

Hey everyone, been shopping for all tracs and came across a GT-4 RC for sale that was just imported. So now I'm looking for info on what it's like to drive RHD in the US and if parts are available. Used to own a 90 Celica GT-S and wanted to get the next level.

FC Zach

Welcome! One of my biggest worries with driving A RHD is passing others on two lane roads safely.

underscore

I've had my RC here in Canada for 7.5 years now (it's for sale too btw). So far most of the parts are easy enough to find, some stuff is drying up due to the age of 185's in general. The biggest annoyances I've run into with RHD are:

1) passing on a dead straight, 2 lane road is borderline impossible to do safely (it's only been a problem for me once, for about 10 minutes)
2) left hand turns you may just have to wait for the red (not a big deal, just don't rush when you can't see and you're fine)
3) making a right at a large intersection where there's a concrete island between the right turn and the through traffic. Instead of looking out the drivers window you end up looking out the rear window/passenger rear window. I've driven in LHD cars that have even worse visibility though (was only a real issue once when the rear was still fogged up, I just waited for the light to change so I knew nobody was coming)

Apart from that it's pretty straightforward, I know a lot of people who have been daily driving RHD for ages without incident. A good driver won't have a problem, bad drivers are likely to crash no matter what they drive, the side of the car they're on has little bearing on it IMO. Just don't be stupid and you'll be fine.

saved_1992

Would be cool but try to an ecu or afm, rack and pinion, mirror parts. Radio parts can be found eventually and expensive. JMO