ST185 from Latvia

soulfreak

Hi there!

I'm a new owner of ST185 Celica, but an timeless Toyota enthusiast who owns SW20, JZA80, Prado etc.
Just got the ST185 with engine and transmission from ST165. Engine rebuilt with forged pistons, restored turbine and 3" exhaust. But still need to get rid of oldschool ecu and install some standalone + upgarde intercooler.

I will have many questions in future, but that's later...

Thanks in advance!

Magroo

Welcome to The Forum. Our community is kind of small but there are a lot of knowledgeable people here willing to help.

I would say there's quite a bit of variety of aftermarket ECUs that people are running. Megasquirt, Haltech, AEM, Modified Honda's etc.

I currently use a megasquirt pnp, but I'm curious about the speeduino ecu and might order one to mess with. For under $200 it might be a fun project.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3160153056

soulfreak

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Yes, the first thing I was thinking, it could be the speeduino or maybe ST205 ECU. If I could be very lucky and find some spare money, then the better choice of my location would be EcuMaster EMU, somewhere in Poland it costs approx 620EUR brand new. Speeduino would be cheap and fun, but the fun could go out of hands and mess something up. ST205 ECU would be enough for power and stability, just need to add some newer sensors etc. Actually new area for me, all my previous time spent on Supras, but now I need to split time and budget on Supra and Celica, both need to restore in visually and technically good condition.

garage.php

engine bay looks really nasty
garage.php