Switch to full style
New members MUST post a new intro thread before they can access the rest of the forum.
Post a reply

Aloha from socal

Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:02 pm

I used to go on this forum a lot until just recently when I put my project on hold due to issues with a vendor that was helping me out with my 3rd gen 3sgte 88 alltrac swap. They did my wiring harness but I feel too many things were possibly wired incorrectly. I am back and noticed that non of my recent logins worked, so had to create another account. Glad to be back, and hoping to find some good help again, maybe even possibly someone kinda local that would be willing to get paid and help or some beers, either way its nice to meet local car enthusiast.

Mike,
Members don't see the above ad. Register now

Re: Aloha from socal

Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:18 pm

Who'd you have do your wiring?

Re: Aloha from socal

Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:40 pm

I'd honestly not say. Don't wanna create any bad reps.

Re: Aloha from socal

Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:47 pm

Welcome back and good luck. Finding local all trac guys is tough lol.

Re: Aloha from socal

Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:11 am

SoCal3sgte wrote:I'd honestly not say. Don't wanna create any bad reps.


What part of socal?

Re: Aloha from socal

Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:16 pm

What up bro bro, lol you may remember me. I bought the st205 tranny from you years ago. I believe you were like <2hrs away from me. I'm near six flags ish.

Re: Aloha from socal

Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:40 pm

SoCal3sgte wrote:What up bro bro, lol you may remember me. I bought the st205 tranny from you years ago. I believe you were like <2hrs away from me. I'm near six flags ish.


Ha ha ha what's going on man!
Are you still using it? I always regretted selling it lol. That sucks what's up with your wiring. I'm not too experienced myself in that area

Re: Aloha from socal

Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:07 pm

No worries, No not using it anymore. Got into a 5 car accident like 6 years ago and ended up parting out the whole engine and junked the alltrac. Picked another one up maybe 2 years later with a 3rg gen swap in a makings again. But Just cant seem the get the dam thing to run right. Swear, Honestly man, All I need is someone that really understands wiring to look at it and see if all signals and voltages and resistance and etc checks out. Because if everything else wiring wise checks out then I will know its a mechanical issue. But I do have compression, and spark but its inconsistent. IIRC my timing should be pretty on point 2. So I am at a loss :(

Re: Aloha from socal

Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:20 pm

SoCal3sgte wrote:No worries, No not using it anymore. Got into a 5 car accident like 6 years ago and ended up parting out the whole engine and junked the alltrac. Picked another one up maybe 2 years later with a 3rg gen swap in a makings again. But Just cant seem the get the dam thing to run right. Swear, Honestly man, All I need is someone that really understands wiring to look at it and see if all signals and voltages and resistance and etc checks out. Because if everything else wiring wise checks out then I will know its a mechanical issue. But I do have compression, and spark but its inconsistent. IIRC my timing should be pretty on point 2. So I am at a loss :(


Man that sucks about the accident. have you gone through the ignition like checking the resistance of the coil, wires, checked the distributor and plug. I know you said your looking for someone to help but these things are easy to do if you have the time. Also try opening the ECU and verify none of the capacitors are leaking. That won't help at all and give problems like not running right.
Did they repin your harness at the ecu end or use a patch harness?

Re: Aloha from socal

Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:24 pm

It's sad, I speak like better than I actually understand. I know what you mean in terms of how to check it, but I really don't understand how to do it. :(

Re: Aloha from socal

Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:49 pm

SoCal3sgte wrote:It's sad, I speak like better than I actually understand. I know what you mean in terms of how to check it, but I really don't understand how to do it. :(


Here you go :D
Attachments
rps20190613_164711.jpg
rps20190613_164658.jpg
rps20190613_164642.jpg

Re: Aloha from socal

Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:51 pm

The way I see it, having these cars requires you to know how to fix them unless you have $$$ burning a hole in your wallet. I learned that over the years.
I knew nothing about my all-trac when I first got it but thanks to the kind people on this and other forums I know a little bit more. I've pulled the engine a couple times, replaced my clutch,timing bet job, replaced my fuel pump, replaced the rear subframe bushings, have ran gen3 electronics on my gen2 (now I have a gen3 swap) and many other maintenance things or trouble shooting and now I TRY to help others. If you have the few tools required for these cars, time and space to work on it.......
Attachments
rps20190613_164742.jpg
rps20190613_164726.jpg

Re: Aloha from socal

Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:50 am

I appreciate it, I will give some of those a try. Some of them I know are okay. I have done majority of those things as well, fuel pump, clutch, suspension, bushings, I have cut and extended wiring harnesses and used the bgb and retrace wires and such. But using a multi meter and stuff is new to me. I am scared to do it wrong because of potentially burning out the system and what not. Don't wanna fry a possible good running ecu, you know.

Re: Aloha from socal

Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:46 am

SoCal3sgte wrote:I appreciate it, I will give some of those a try. Some of them I know are okay. I have done majority of those things as well, fuel pump, clutch, suspension, bushings, I have cut and extended wiring harnesses and used the bgb and retrace wires and such. But using a multi meter and stuff is new to me. I am scared to do it wrong because of potentially burning out the system and what not. Don't wanna fry a possible good running ecu, you know.


I know what you mean about the ECU. They aren't easy to find like before. Sound like your very familiar with your car. I would first open up the ecu and look for leaks from capacitors. The other stuff is easy, just set the multi meter to ohms, then unplug things your going to check one at a time then check the resistances.
Did they repin your harness?

Re: Aloha from socal

Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:35 am

Yup yup
Post a reply