New owner from Northern Cali. South Bay area

st165white

Hello,

I goy my 1988 st165 back in 2016. Did some repair work and at one point i am using the car as my daily driver, until smog expired :-( I took it to so many shops and no one wanted to (or can) repair it. I am no expert but i can clear see the EGR system is not connected, however i don't know what else other reasons. I want to get it fixed properly but i don't know where to get help, if you can recommend a garage or individual who are willing to repair it and pass smog, i am all for it. Please help. Thank you.

here are some info about my car:

1988 Toyota Celica All-Trac (ST165)
AWD Turbo
Chassis mileage: 180,xxx
Motor mileage: approx 62k
Exterior: white
Interior: blue
17" MSR wheels
Clean title
Sunroof does not leak
2nd Gen st185 jdm 3SGTE swap
Running on original st165 ecu
Stock st165 Turbo
Water-to-air intercooler
TWM short shifter
ProMeter boost, a/f meter and oil pressure gauges

Is the EGR system still intact (just not connected)? Or is the original EGR system missing? Makes a big difference in what help looks like.

An EGR System for a USDM ST165 is as shown - less the vacuum lines. Is all this on your ST165?

Attachments

• 1988 ST165 USDM EGR System.jpg
    1988 ST165 USDM EGR System.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 1,092

st165white

yes i think my car still have that. do you have a diagram to show how it connects to engine? Thank you for helping out!

Under your hood, you should have a sticker labeled "Vacuum Hose Routing Diagram". If yours is still intact, you can use that to see how the vacuum lines connect to the EGR Vacuum Modulator. the VSV (vacuum switching valve), and the EGR valve.

Otherwise, this link to a previous thread should be of help to you:

- viewtopic.php?t=49448