new to forum

dlvandyke

I've been looking for an all trac for a while bunt haven't found the right one yet. Figured joining here is a good start.

dlvandyke":2wf5fqga said:
I've been looking for an all trac for a while bunt haven't found the right one yet. Figured joining here is a good start.
What is the right one for you? Year, quality level (project car, driver, 100% stock restoration, etc.)?

dlvandyke

I'm near Madison,Wi. Looking for a daily driver, don't have a big budget. trying to avoid the Midwest rust thing.

dlvandyke":2tdfkpsl said:
I'm near Madison,Wi. Looking for a daily driver, don't have a big budget. trying to avoid the Midwest rust thing.
ST185 vintage?

My son has two of these. One is a 100% stock restoration that shouldn't become a daily driver - it is truly show quality. The other is a 100% stock original not needing any restoration but could use a repaint to become a show car. Likely these are both a bit over your budget range. We are in the Appleton WI area.

I think if you are patient, you will find something come along. If you don't have a big budget though, be prepared to put in some elbow grease and some parts for a lower-cost version of these. Their values are starting to go up nicely.