Hey now! New member here.

simple

Well after taking a break from this project since October I finally got going again. I found a set of used ST165 shifter cables on eBay over the winter and installed them this weekend. Before I put them in I compared to the shifter cables I was having trouble with. Very obviously I installed one correct cable and one from likely a ST202 Celica. That was an idiotic thing to do on an otherwise trouble free swap.

Now with the correct shifter cables in and an upgraded shifter spherical bushing (PRIMEMR2) it feels nice and tight. Put the interior back together.

Next step is bleed the clutch, adjust the gas pedal to work with the ST205 accelerator cable, and clean up the misc wiring and modules in the engine bay. Then take it for it's first drive in 20 years!!!!

Dan McBoost

Welcome to the forum!! Love the build too. White is kick ass on those.

One fully restored gas tank going back in. Lots of $$ into this part. New fuel pump and all new gaskets. Tank was dipped and refinished. Pump assembly removed of its rust.

I never noticed you mention who did your gas tank? I need to redo mine as well. Was is the place in Minnesota? If not, where please? TIA!

simple

Hey Dan! I had folks in Denver restore the tank. Small little outfit that usually works on hot rods. Hope you can find a similar place in Minnesota.

simple

Hey good to know I'm south of Denver, which place was it, the car I just got sat for a little while.
Spike Radiator (303) 762-7522

also if anyone needs air conditioning repair by the best call Julian at 303-254-6174

(BTW the best places in most big cities don't have fancy websites or crappy facebook pages. They get real work done and don't waste time on the internet like we do)