New owner - 94' GT-FOUR WRC

Trash_Panda

Greetings!

I recently imported a JDM 1994 GT4 WRC and am a long time celica owner (jcbass7 on 6gc.net), this is my 7th sixth gen over the last 15 years (3 of them 3SGTE swaps), but my first GT4. 15 years in the making, finally financially and legally able to import the one I've always wanted.

I worked with JDM-Expo and have been very happy with the process. I was specifically looking for a 94' GT4 and WRC if they could find it. I got lucky and they found me this one in the color I wanted and with only 56K original miles. The car is mostly stock with the exception of a few things, intake, exhaust, steering wheel, driver seat, etc..

I am torn on how far I want to modify the car. Since it is a WRC I am likely going to keep it as stock as possible and any upgrades being Toyota/TRD items offered to the 6th gen as options over the years. For example, I will put the later model projector headlights on the car, Recaro SR Confetti Seats, etc.. Other than exhaust, intake and maybe some internals and ECU I will likely keep the engine as stock as possible. I would love to hear everyones thoughts on the topic of stock vs modify. I plan to never get rid of the car so resale value isn't my main priority, more interested in tasteful/rare car to enjoy and casually show.

Looking forward to being part of the community on here!

-Panda

mdDmfaD.jpg

5pREKLW.jpg

underscore

With my RC I kept everything that was unique to the RC and did mild upgrades to everything else. My thinking being that if the stuff that makes the special edition special gets removed a) you're effectively destroying it as one less actually has the original parts b) if you don't want the special bits why not just buy a normal one and leave the special edition for someone who actually wants it?

Now with that in mind since the base 205 got so many upgrades over the base 185 already I'm not sure what differences there are in the WRC. Nobody ever plans to sell but your own tastes will likely change over time as well, so hold onto anything you remove and be very cautious with any permanent changes.

Just my $0.05 (we got rid of the penny in Canada so I have to round up).

Domspun

If yours is mostly original, I would keep it this way. Mine was already heavily modified, plus got damaged in transport, so I made it my track car. If you have a urge to mod, maybe do some resto-mods, like change bulbs by LEDs, maybe reupholster the interior.

Trash_Panda

Thanks for the welcome and feedback! I intend to keep it as stock as possible while only adding dealer options or other oem toyota celica parts from later models (projector headlights, etc.) and possibly a few subtle performance upgrades that don't take away from its pedigree as a WRC. Also intending to keep any original part I take off in case I want to put it back.

Now the fun begins looking for some of the rare "unicorn" dealer option parts.. ie the 6th gen MOMO steering wheel and the toyota dealer option racing pedals. But that's the fun part right? The hunt.

vxVVWEMl.jpg

HSnGOWjl.jpg

FC Zach

I'm all for odd dealer options, I have a few on my RX7. . . but there's some things that shouldn't have been approved and that god awful faux wood trim is one of them (just my opinion).

Trash_Panda

FC Zach":p6dyoswm said:
I'm all for odd dealer options, I have a few on my RX7. . . but there's some things that shouldn't have been approved and that god awful faux wood trim is one of them (just my opinion).

Completely agree about the faux wood! Don't think I've ever seen that one in real life either.

There is an "Air Fantasy" dealer option item on ebay right now, another rare one, but random and obscure as well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TOYOTA-AE100-A ... 4184162037

FC Zach

Oh wow! That's one I haven't seen before, how neat! I wonder if the scent cartridges are still available?

Trash_Panda

FC Zach":1kmojodf said:
Oh wow! That's one I haven't seen before, how neat! I wonder if the scent cartridges are still available?

^ That's the big question. I wonder if you could figure out a way to refill the pods that come with it, I doubt the originals are still available to be purchased.

fL9KPHgl.jpg