New Member - Sweden - ST165

FlaccidBanana

Bought an st165 last summer with 130 000 kilometers, a healthy amount of problems and the worst paintjob I have ever seen :D . I'm currently giving it a proper paint job in the correct Super Red II (3E5).

Planned fixes and mods:
- Replace whining rear diff (got another one for free off the previous owner after a bit of faff)
- restore rusty brakes (maybe upgrade?)
- Upgrade intercooler system (already got an st205 intercooler, water pump and radiator water core)
- Deactivate VSV, get a boost controller and gauge as well as a dump valve (maybe bump it up to 12-14psi)

"Maybe" mods:
- upgrade ECU to a gen3 ...or plug and play Megasquirt ECU for gen2 and do some rewiring
- If I upgrade ECU to gen3 then I'll install some 550cc injectors
- Get some white vinyl and a sticker set and start to make a 1990 Safari Rally replica

If I get too confident in my mechanical ability:
- DIY water injection system

Any tips welcome of course :)

underscore

Someone on here recently posted up a very detailed how-to on putting water injection into a 165, if you get to that stage it should help you out a bit.

FlaccidBanana

underscore":2hozzjma said:
Someone on here recently posted up a very detailed how-to on putting water injection into a 165, if you get to that stage it should help you out a bit.

Oh sweet!

I didn't manage to find the post, not quite familiar with the forum layout yet. Could you link the thread?

Edit: Nvm I found it. Thanks!