New member in nj

Lopezjj1386

hey guys almost a year later I'm responding bought the car; for the price I had no choice I'm in north nj Morris County after getting the car home and finally getting under it I concluded fuel and brake lines need to be redone properly (previous job was sloppy) the Rear subframe mounts need to be reconstructed driver side is completely shot passenger is ok but why not do both the fuel pump was rusted out entirely the gas tank has pin holes needs new front fenders and windshield, could use original hood carbon fiber hood needs a lot of restoration the wiring harness is sloppy and not something id trust interior is great everything turns on and functions this car is a keeper project and a check off the bucket list for me I hope to meet you nj guys soon

Roreri

Congrats on getting your hands on an AllTrac--these cars definitely do get under your skin.

You have a lot of work:

Fuel Lines
Brake Lines
Rear Subframe Mounts
Complete Gas Tank Refurb w/Fuel Pump--there have been a couple of members who have posted recently on this
New Front Fenders
New Windshield--I'd be curious about how to source one myself, because eventually I'm going to catch a rock
Hood Replace (optional?)--I've seen carbon fiber hoods, I bet an original is hard to find
Wiring Harness Touchup

Looks like a project thread is in order!

Tippo

Lopezjj1386":6z5vddf2 said:
hey guys almost a year later I'm responding bought the car; for the price I had no choice I'm in north nj Morris County after getting the car home and finally getting under it I concluded fuel and brake lines need to be redone properly (previous job was sloppy) the Rear subframe mounts need to be reconstructed driver side is completely shot passenger is ok but why not do both the fuel pump was rusted out entirely the gas tank has pin holes needs new front fenders and windshield, could use original hood carbon fiber hood needs a lot of restoration the wiring harness is sloppy and not something id trust interior is great everything turns on and functions this car is a keeper project and a check off the bucket list for me I hope to meet you nj guys soon

Bending brake lines is a really, really tough job and I wish you the best of luck! I had mine done, then redid it myself since it was sloppy. It's still sloppy but it works. Anyways, I plan on bringing one of my ST185 to the bear mountain meet next year. Cheers and if you have questions, obviously start a thread up and we'll do our best to help!