New Member, 'other' AllTrac

TinyGarageFab

Another specialty car, another specialty forum!
My name is Matt, and I'm obsessed with cars, especially '80's Toyotas. I've wanted a ST165 for quite a while, but have not been able to find anything worthwhile near me (Virginia, USA). Well, I happened to look at a facebook post about a local towing company auction, and I was drawn to an old Toyota they were about to auction off. Luckily, the only picture was of the rear of the car, and after zooming in, I saw the AllTrac badge on the back of the car.

I went to the auction with a fistful of cash and won a bidding war with one other guy. I was rewarded with a beautiful, low mileage 1989 Camry LE AllTrac!!!!

It is a 3S-FE Auto trans car, but that will change soon. I just dragged home a 2000 Camry to lift the 5S-FE from and I was gifted a E50F from a ST165 that got parted out. With the main building blocks in hand, I'm gearing up to build the 5S into a turbo motor controlled with a Microsquirt. It will have COP (2GR-FE coils) and some other cool goodies. Turbo hasn't been spec'd yet, but it will either be a small T3 that I have on the shelf, or perhaps a EVO 3 16g.

Plenty more to add, but we'll get there when we get there. It will all be on my YouTube channel, which is currently having some good success with my 1972 Datsun 620 pickup build. The Camry might come next, but I'll have to see where it falls in the queue of project cars that I have. https://www.youtube.com/user/OneOffStroker