New member, acquiring ST205 (hopefully) soon

Quakebass

Hi all!

I’ve been on a quest for an ST205 for my first “fun” (non-daily) car for almost a year now, and it looks like I may have one lined up for purchase in a few months. I reside in the Seattle area of WA, USA, so I’ve been on the import route. Lots of research and learning I’ve had to do, but while exhausting, it’s been pretty cool journey to travel so far, and hopefully will make things easier if I decide to add anything else to my collection later down the line.

Hopefully I can learn a lot more and make some connections in this community!

zaluss

Quakebass":hnd67663 said:
Hi all!

I’ve been on a quest for an ST205 for my first “fun” (non-daily) car for almost a year now, and it looks like I may have one lined up for purchase in a few months. I reside in the Seattle area of WA, USA, so I’ve been on the import route. Lots of research and learning I’ve had to do, but while exhausting, it’s been pretty cool journey to travel so far, and hopefully will make things easier if I decide to add anything else to my collection later down the line.

Hopefully I can learn a lot more and make some connections in this community!

Welcome!

There are several ST205 owners in the Seattle area. I'm not sure how many imported themselves but I know at least one that came through RHD Specialities. I met a bunch of them last Sunday at the Woodinville Cars and Coffee.

Quakebass

zaluss":2ek4x60t said:
Welcome!

There are several ST205 owners in the Seattle area. I'm not sure how many imported themselves but I know at least one that came through RHD Specialities. I met a bunch of them last Sunday at the Woodinville Cars and Coffee.

I’m familiar with them! I think they have a silver one right now actually, but its just a bit above my budget and I wasn’t eligible for their financing. I’ve had back and forths with a few importers over my journey (being in a port city blesses me with a lot of options). Currently I’m in talks with The Import Guys and we’ve struck some deals, currently we’re looking at two options. Still waiting on more info and pictures to arrive of the second car they’re set to acquire, but it’s highly likely I’ll be able to have a car in my hands by April-June exact timing depends on a few factors. If the 2nd car checks out it’ll be a WRC spec ‘94, which I’d only been able to find ‘95s during my search, so I’d be pumped if it works out.

simple

Good luck! Prices are still pretty high. Careful and don't buy a rust bucket. Most importers don't sell them but they slip through the cracks. Pun intended ;)

Quakebass

simple":3bg68cfj said:
Good luck! Prices are still pretty high. Careful and don't buy a rust bucket. Most importers don't sell them but they slip through the cracks. Pun intended ;)

Yeah, that’s been a common case in many of the cars I’ve missed out on. Here’s the one I do have pictures of (they sent me over 100):

I have concerns about what looks like visible cracks in the 2nd image (camera is looking towards the front of the car from the rear for reference), but the rest looks fairly clean. This one has just under 100k miles, the 94 option I have available only has 52k. And I’ll actually be able to see it in person before I have to decide, red car will stay in Japan unless I pick it.

Attachments

• 330561E9-072B-4BB8-B96D-5E03065664F3.jpeg
    330561E9-072B-4BB8-B96D-5E03065664F3.jpeg
    405.8 KB · Views: 1,141
  • 1C55E84A-3ECD-4B5A-B28D-E708554E9E39.jpeg
    1C55E84A-3ECD-4B5A-B28D-E708554E9E39.jpeg
    364.4 KB · Views: 1,141
  • C163F8E2-B818-410C-A64A-3C4D074F05DB.jpeg
    C163F8E2-B818-410C-A64A-3C4D074F05DB.jpeg
    525.2 KB · Views: 1,141

underscore

simple":25jbuzgl said:

Lots of R grade cars can come in too. I wouldn't buy anything without an auction sheet.