New member, ST185-0000151

Celikal

Greetings! My name is Kal and the ST185 I got had only 18,516 miles on the odometer when I got it on January 31, 2020 here in the Philippines. It has chassis number ST185-0000151 with paint code 3H4 and a red interior. I'm looking forward to contribute to this All-Trac community as much as I have learned from it. I hope you can also check out the Celica stuff I post on Instagram @celikal.185 or on https://www.facebook.com/celikal.185

https://gearupgarage.com/blogs/stories/ ... 185-part-2

Roreri

You sir have an amazing example of the breed. I am pretty jealous, and given that mine has only 42,000 miles, that's saying a bit.

Have you found yourself deep in refurbishment/refreshment costs? I have. New fluids, new belts, new tires, and so on.

Celikal

Alikazam":ju4hfijw said:
Nice looking alltrac :) like that color

Thank you, Alikazam! It is a calm shade of red, 3H4 Medium Red Pearl. I have tried both white and silver aftermarket wheels on it but I seem to like the casual look of silver better.

Celikal

Roreri":oqkwx8vv said:
You sir have an amazing example of the breed. I am pretty jealous, and given that mine has only 42,000 miles, that's saying a bit.

Have you found yourself deep in refurbishment/refreshment costs? I have. New fluids, new belts, new tires, and so on.

Thank you for the appreciation! It was interesting to be able to find such an excellent example. The two previous owners did a great job keeping the car as close to original over the decades. I have stopped counting the expense of finding the correct parts, but it is the time searching for the parts that has been a deep commitment. I spent about 17 months looking for a new OEM Toyota 16400-74560 radiator with no luck after six paid order attempts from different online parts sources. Each of them cancelled the orders I paid for after they realized that the item listed on their website is no longer available on their suppliers' shelves. On the seventh attempt, I am happy to find, buy, and install an NRF 53308 radiator from spareto.com that is as close to the original one as I can find. I have also just spent another few months to find and a Bosch AL3231X remanufactured alternator with the correct threaded boss to mount the factory alternator air duct, plus the few parts to complete the air duct system. Despite all the time it took to complete the few missing details, this car has been fun to keep as close to stock as possible.

I have seen your posts on your black JDM Celica GT-Four as well. Keep up the great work with that too!