New Member from NYC 1990 ST185 Alltrac

Chino160

Hi just bought a 1990 Celica Alltrac turbo in NYC and I love the car. Glad I found this website since I’m lost when it comes to these Celicas. Looking forward to learn from you guys.

Tippo

Chino160":fnvlc0q4 said:
Hi just bought a 1990 Celica Alltrac turbo in NYC and I love the car. Glad I found this website since I’m lost when it comes to these Celicas. Looking forward to learn from you guys.

Welcome! Didn't happen to be Frank's old black one right? Anyways, create a build thread and ask away :)

johnnycham

fvkagi":38784tyn said:
MARLON1211":38784tyn said:
Hey guys what do you think about this 90AT.
My good friend is interested just wanted to get opinion of this particular car. Also its a hardtop but it has the cutaway liner for a sunroof model. Not sure if that's all for the hardtop? Anything i need to look for gladly appreciated. Also the price.

Thanks guys

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 049421792/

This is my old car, I sold it to him and I guess he repainted it. It runs ok but the body is in rough shape. Undercarage and pinch welds are bad. Lots of body work done to this car.

The shifter was really bad too.

fvkagi

Yeah you probably got my old car...
Uh, I guess if you have any questions about it's history don't be afraid to message me lol

You can probably look through my post history to see all the crap I fixed on it as well.

GOOD LUCK!

Edit: I was using water in the cooling system when I sold it, so you might want to flush that before it gets below freezing outside, or else all your freeze plugs on the engine will pop.
Also, the brake/fuel line where super rotted, not sure if you are aware. I was planning on deleting ABS and switching all the hard lines before I daily drove it.

Chino160

Wow thanks for the heads up and info. Yea I noticed the brakes are stiff and dont know how to go about fixing it. It also has a noise in the rear sounds like the rear diff but not sure if thats what it is. I already changed the right wheel bearing thinking that would get rid of the scratching sound when driving the car but it still makes that sound. Would you know if the rear diff needed replacing? Thanka

fvkagi

Chino160":3ru2px1e said:
Wow thanks for the heads up and info. Yea I noticed the brakes are stiff and dont know how to go about fixing it. It also has a noise in the rear sounds like the rear diff but not sure if thats what it is. I already changed the right wheel bearing thinking that would get rid of the scratching sound when driving the car but it still makes that sound. Would you know if the rear diff needed replacing? Thanka

I did service the differential and replaced the differential bushing as well. But I do remember the old fluid being super thin, like water got into it somehow. I never felt comfortable driving the car because the rear brake lines are so rusted, so I never tested if the diff was bad.