WTB ST185 Toyota Celica Alltrac - Southern California

Kuristofa

Ok, so; I have been searching the entire internet for this car, and I am amazed how difficult it is to find one. Like, I'm not even joking.

I live in Southern California, and I al looking for an ST185 Celica Alltrac. I would prefer the Turbo Alltrac, but honestly, any alltrac will do.

Not Looking for the best condition. My budget is roughly $5000. All I care about is it it runs and drives, and there's no major engine or transmission problems. Anything cosmetic, I can fix without a problem.

If anyone has one, knows someone, or knows where I can find one; please let me know. If I have to fly to New York and drive back here for one, I'll do it at this point. No joke, I'd rather have one of these than a Porsche 911. Growing up, these were one of my favorite cars, and I have no idea why they are so hard to find.

simple

I looked for a dozen years before getting mine. It will happen. It will probably not be perfect but you'll find one. Don't buy a rusted one. Also the likelihood of finding one that can drive cross country is rare. Wait for a western or southern one to pop up. You aren't getting an Alltrac without the turbo btw unless you buy a RHD import.

Tippo

Kuristofa":1csrp9sm said:
Ok, so; I have been searching the entire internet for this car, and I am amazed how difficult it is to find one. Like, I'm not even joking.

I live in Southern California, and I al looking for an ST185 Celica Alltrac. I would prefer the Turbo Alltrac, but honestly, any alltrac will do.

Not Looking for the best condition. My budget is roughly $5000. All I care about is it it runs and drives, and there's no major engine or transmission problems. Anything cosmetic, I can fix without a problem.

If anyone has one, knows someone, or knows where I can find one; please let me know. If I have to fly to New York and drive back here for one, I'll do it at this point. No joke, I'd rather have one of these than a Porsche 911. Growing up, these were one of my favorite cars, and I have no idea why they are so hard to find.

We understand the difficulty in finding one, rarely you find a needle in a haystack. More and more these cars are becoming extremely hard to find. The one in my Avatar I literally pulled out of the ground. All 4 wheels were frozen, lines rotted, everything inside the gas tank was rotted and sat for 13 years... it was 5 grand for me to beg the guy to sell it to me lol.

Keep in mind, the Celica ST185/ST165 was a very low production car for homologation rally, which explains why they are so hard to find. Also, us die-hards are extremely committed to our cars, so rarely do you find people selling them. Also, about 20% of the cars, if that, have survived the wrath of wrecks and weekend tuners.

If I had to give any advice: beware of pictures and lies from non-community members. Understand what you're getting before you get it and do your research. These cars aren't for the faint of heart lol. They are, however, extremely rewarding when you're not bashing your head against the wall. Best of luck!

r-town

They are a bit scarce now. Since I joined the forum (9 years ago), I been through three ST185s, all from SoCal. I had the chance to buy a 4th ST185, but I passed on it, now I'm regretting it now buying it :bangshead:.

These cars are odd in many respects. As well is the market for them. I still don't understand how a car much more rare and with a legit racing background is overshadowed by the Supra. I think maybe part of it is the fact that as previous posters have stated people that own these are not selling them and so the market has not been over inflated the way they have been with Supras changing hands over and over and over. I think almost anyone with one of these knows they are never going to get what it is worth to them so why sell it. I hope you get lucky that's all I can really say, if one comes up it will be gone before you know it so keep your eyes peeled!