New money pit

earthmanjupiter

In high school, some 20+ years ago, I had an ST184. Always wished it was an Alltrac. Well, mid-life now, some "disposable" income, and since I've already been importing mini-trucks from Japan for a few years I decided Why not? Now I've got a '91 GT-four RC on order from Japan. Did I overpay? Almost definitely. Will I be wasting more money on it? Without a doubt.

I really appreciate the collected knowledge in these forums, I lurked here back in '02 or so and, like these vehicles, I'm I'm glad they still exist!

Roreri

Welcome! At least you're bringing it to a nice dry climate. Provided you keep it out of the heat of the sun, it should preserve well once you have all the kinks ironed out.

Tippo

earthmanjupiter":npo2fuuh said:
In high school, some 20+ years ago, I had an ST184. Always wished it was an Alltrac. Well, mid-life now, some "disposable" income, and since I've already been importing mini-trucks from Japan for a few years I decided Why not? Now I've got a '91 GT-four RC on order from Japan. Did I overpay? Almost definitely. Will I be wasting more money on it? Without a doubt.

I really appreciate the collected knowledge in these forums, I lurked here back in '02 or so and, like these vehicles, I'm I'm glad they still exist!

Wow, a GT-Four RC?! Congrats my man! The positive part is the value will just continue to go up, so I wouldn't call it wasting money, I'd call it more of an emotional and an reasonable investment! :)