New member from Central California

Navymech

underscore":oon3lqa7 said:
Very nice find. Are there any part numbers on the LSD box?

Yeah here it is, and the info online matches up perfectly. Still hard to believe I got it lol

Attachments

• 820BEA99-769F-42E7-9E06-E6B8610BA91A.jpeg
    820BEA99-769F-42E7-9E06-E6B8610BA91A.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 531

Roreri

Don’t take any chances here on out, you used up all your luck probably! LOL

Make sure you set your parking brake and place chocks. Just in case. Check my thread to find out why I so advise. :oops:

Tomas

My name is Carlos Sabillon i am a aviation mechanic in the Navy based out of central California. i just acquired my very first ST165! I purchased the car from the second owner who has had it for 30 years, and is also a Toyota technician. I got a slew of sealed Toyota parts for it to include a TRD LSD which i was stoked about! The vehicle runs great for sitting close to 2 years. most of the stuff on the vehicle is brand new or with very little miles. Currently sitting at 112k miles.

i am happy to be a part of this forum and look forward to learning from many of you as info on these are insanely difficult to come by.[/quote]
Hi Carlos, congratulations on your find. I also own a 165 for 20+ years and they are a lot of fun. I live in South Cal so maybe one day we can get together. I am also Navy BMET.[/quote]

Thanks man! I hope I can keep mine as long as you all have had yours, I have a bad habit of running through cars. Very cool man! I’m an AD. You on 32nd st or north island?[/quote]
I am retired now. This is a picture of my car at Toyotafest in Long Beach[album]66503ECA-F7C1-486E-8D2E-A103B0736CA6.jpeg[/album]

Navymech

Not much update, ripped all the tint off and have to say I love the clean fishbowl look! Next things are fluid changes, getting all the dead black widows off after fogging next to it and alignment. Once she’s all registered and legal I will be attempting to have my R12 re-serviced and hope it works.

Really can’t wait to start adding a few mods to open her up.

Attachments

• D4ED9419-7C41-45F0-AF34-EA850E51D0C2.jpeg
    D4ED9419-7C41-45F0-AF34-EA850E51D0C2.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 363

alltracman78

That looks nice.

I'm normally not a fan of white but these are some of the very few cars that actually look good in it IMO.

As I have a white truck sitting in my driveway. :lol:

Roreri

Navymech":2mlr4f7b said:
Not much update, ripped all the tint off and have to say I love the clean fishbowl look!

I have the same deal with the Lorelei. Not much tint at all. People can see me, and they say hi, like the Mustang pilot who waved over at me, and the other driver who gave me a thumbs up. I see lots of cars out there and I'd like to show some love, but a super dark tint is pretty off-putting.

If you cannot get the R12 working, R134 conversion will not kill you based on a conversation I had with an old Toyota Tech. He said they had to do a fair number of those in the 90s. Maybe you'll be a little less ice-boxey, but it should work. I've got mine set up with R134 and I only have to have it at halfway on the temp and halfway on the fan so far. Admittedly we're not in high summer.

Navymech

Roreri":3tar03az said:
Navymech":3tar03az said:
Not much update, ripped all the tint off and have to say I love the clean fishbowl look!

I have the same deal with the Lorelei. Not much tint at all. People can see me, and they say hi, like the Mustang pilot who waved over at me, and the other driver who gave me a thumbs up. I see lots of cars out there and I'd like to show some love, but a super dark tint is pretty off-putting.

If you cannot get the R12 working, R134 conversion will not kill you based on a conversation I had with an old Toyota Tech. He said they had to do a fair number of those in the 90s. Maybe you'll be a little less ice-boxey, but it should work. I've got mine set up with R134 and I only have to have it at halfway on the temp and halfway on the fan so far. Admittedly we're not in high summer.

Completely agree man! I do notice that a lot more people look my way. I finally got my car registered and smogged and we’ll, 100% legal. I can’t believe how many heads this thing turns lol.

Awesome! Could you perhaps walk me through the process of the conversion for me? Did you keep all factory parts just vacuumed, new pag oil and Freon?