New Member from the Caribbean trying to build a 10s alltrac

OnKonshus

Hey Guys, I'm from St. George's, Grenada, in the Caribbean, and I bought a 1990 Celica AllTrac in November 2021, and I swapped the engine for a (Gen 4) 3SGTE with CP pistons, Manley rods, Cometic MLS headgasket, ARP head studs, ARP main bolts, Gates timing belt, Stock ECU, Stock turbo, Stock fuel system (hoping to upgrade all the stock parts soon). I'm hoping to setup the car as a street car that can run low 11s - high 10s, and I would appreciate all advise in terms of parts necessary to get to my goal.

Roreri

At that point I’m thinking that’s more a race car that can be streeted than a street car. :D

Interested to see how this goes, but I have to step aside and let the max power folks hold forth as I’m on the other side of the equation looking at a little more power and lighter weight. From the advice I have read though you went about it the right way: Guts first then turbo.

One thing you haven’t listed is a clutch upgrade to reliably get all that power into play. Did you do that when you swapped the Gen4 in? If not you missed an opportunity while the motor was out.

OnKonshus

Roreri":oxhf2pr3 said:
At that point I’m thinking that’s more a race car that can be streeted than a street car. :D

Interested to see how this goes, but I have to step aside and let the max power folks hold forth as I’m on the other side of the equation looking at a little more power and lighter weight. From the advice I have read though you went about it the right way: Guts first then turbo.

One thing you haven’t listed is a clutch upgrade to reliably get all that power into play. Did you do that when you swapped the Gen4 in? If not you missed an opportunity while the motor was out.

Well I've seen Alltrac doing low 11s and still being street driven so I'm hoping to go alittle faster without losing too much "streetabilty".
Yeah, Sorry I forgot to mention that I'm running a Stage 3 ACT Clutch on a Stage 2 SPEC pressure plate, lightweight flywheel and ARP studs.

Gert

OnKonshus":h0tl5r2o said:
I'm hoping to setup the car as a street car that can run low 11s - high 10s, and I would appreciate all advise in terms of parts necessary to get to my goal.
You have a good base. Just get the 'stock' parts like: really big turbo (most important), equal length header, other intake, big exhaust and fuel supply. And finally an progammable ECU and you are armed :)

OnKonshus

Gert":277p0arc said:
OnKonshus":277p0arc said:
I'm hoping to setup the car as a street car that can run low 11s - high 10s, and I would appreciate all advise in terms of parts necessary to get to my goal.
You have a good base. Just get the 'stock' parts like: really big turbo (most important), equal length header, other intake, big exhaust and fuel supply. And finally an progammable ECU and you are armed :)

Thanks man! Do you recommend any particular turbo, What size exhaust should I go with? I was thinking about getting either HALTECH 1500, LINK G4X or the ECUMASTER BLACK (which one do you recommend).

grip-addict

get whatever EMS the best tuner in your area prefers. Don't be like me and struggle to get your car tuned because the EMS is written in a different english accent than what the local tuners prefer.

OnKonshus

grip-addict":29qt7bh4 said:
get whatever EMS the best tuner in your area prefers. Don't be like me and struggle to get your car tuned because the EMS is written in a different english accent than what the local tuners prefer.

Yeah, and for that reason I'm leaning towards the Haltech but my heart wants the ECUMaster Black.

OnKonshus

There are lots of imperfections but i'll fix them over time

Attachments

• Celica_st185.jpg
    Celica_st185.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 872

OnKonshus

OnKonshus":w6cgj9pl said:
Hey Guys, I'm from St. George's, Grenada, in the Caribbean, and I bought a 1990 Celica AllTrac in November 2021, and I swapped the engine for a (Gen 4) 3SGTE with CP pistons, Manley rods, Cometic MLS headgasket, ARP head studs, ARP main bolts, Gates timing belt, Stock ECU, Stock turbo, Stock fuel system (hoping to upgrade all the stock parts soon). I'm hoping to setup the car as a street car that can run low 11s - high 10s, and I would appreciate all advise in terms of parts necessary to get to my goal.

Hey guys, I finally upgraded the ECU to a FuelTech FT450. It was easy enough for my friend and I to setup and wire up the harness. I also had some rust in my fuel tank so I got a replacement tank from a Toyota Passo. it's small in capacity and lighter but alittle bulky, so I had to cut the trunk.