sportcompactonly/motorweb

zak062

Well i've been trying to get a clutch for my st165 for a while now and i found one on sportcompactonly.com for a reasonable price. It was the Centerforce Centerforce I clutch for 235$ with shipping which isn't bad. Well i ordered the clutch on 3/18 and i got an email that said it was processing. Well, 5 days later(today) i start to get impatiant and call them. I wait the usual 20min for somone to respond to the call and i tell him my problem. That i haven't recieved any emails or confirmation that my order was shipped or if it even was confired.

Well he imidatly transfers me to sales where i wait another 20 min for somone to pick up....starting to get upset now. When the woman picks up i explain whats wrong and she pulls my order up and says its confirmed and to be shiped on 3/28.... i said wait a minute..... can you repeat that and she does. So basicly, i said, Im waiting a week just for my item to be shiped when the website clearly says 2-4 days.... Her response was it's been 5 days so mine was, if you want to get techinical its been 10 days.

She explains to me that the item might not be in stock.... so i asked why doesn't the website say its not in stock because i wouldn't of bought the damn thing, yes i swore at the woman. I was getting very pissed at the time. I also ask her why i didn't recieve an email confirming the order or the ship date and she says she can put me on the phone with somone who can tell me that... o goody, 20 more min of waiting.

So when this new guy picks up he says that the item IS out of stock and he will call all the wearhouses to see if they have the item and it will be shipping IMEDIATLY. He aslo said i would recieve an phone call from him in a few minutes if hes successful or not. So i thank him and hang up and wait.

And wait for about 3 hours till i call customer service again. Im still on hold when i get someone beeping on the other line so i switch over. Guess who it is, not the guy, but the girl. She says she just recieved the email from the guy and is very sorry that the item is not in stock and if i understand all of what he said.

I go wait a minute...... what exactly did he say in the email and she said, didn't he tell you? The item is on back order for a few MONTHS.........

So i pause and tell her i NEVER recieved a phone call from him or even an email so she appolgizes for his actions and explains everything he said in the mail. She told me that he check ALL and i mean ALL the clutches avalable for my car and there are NONE in stock........?!?!?! So i ask what exactly does that mean considering there are about 3 dozen differant clutches available for a 88 st165 and shes says that what he said..?!?!? at that point i just asked for my money back with NO charge and she said ok and that shes very sorry for the inconvinance.

I am going to say this only once, never ever buy from sportcompactonly.com or motorweb because it is bullshit. Iam warning all of you not to deal with them, now i have to wait another damn week to put my clutch in :(

I can't even drive my baby, i take my foot off the clutch when its in gear and she wont even stall....thats really not good.

celicaGTS_T

You should try clutchcityonline.com. Thats where I got my Exedy OEM-ish clutch. Not too bad on shipping and prices are ideal.

zak062

i just ordered a exedy oem-ish clutch from ultrarev.com for 135, shipped. Thats not half bad, if i do say so myself.