Summit Racing + HighTempSilicone

WarTowels

Well I've heard other people have ordered from Summit Racing and been very pleased. That's why I decided to order a 2" Turbonetics Silicone coupler there.

I was told upon order that there was a 1 week delay on the product, and then it would take about another half a week to ship.

That was 34 days ago.

I've since called back three times. The first time I called, the customer service rep said he would called Turbonetics and see how long it would take and call me back.

They never called back.

So I waited about another week and called back a second time. This time they told me the product was back ordered 2 more weeks. (But they never bothered to inform me.)

I just called back today, and they said it would be late late November.

This will be my last time ordering from Turbonetics, and Summit Racing.

-Towels

Simba

Turbonetics is universally horrible for shipping things in a timely manner. Summit is excellent if they actually have the part you want in stock. Some of the more obscure reducers and the like they don't stock, and hence you're waiting on them to ship from Turbonetics.

That said, there are much better places for silicone couplers. These guys, for example.

WarTowels

Gah! I looked around forever for a good place for silicone couplers! Wish I had found that site earlier.

I just called Summit Racing and they are canceling my order.

Just placed an order from HTS, which turns out is 4 Ply Silicone vs. Turbonetics 3 Ply Silicone.

Total cost ended up being exactly $2.22 cheaper as well!

Thanks Simba! :D

-Towels

WarTowels

Cool, I had actually found that site but had never heard of, or had any recommendations from anyone so that why I ended up going Summit.

Good to know they are good too.

Thanks,

-Towels

WarTowels

Well my order from HighTempSilicone.com, has yet to show up after over 15 or so days.

I tried to call there sales department, and the recorded operator voice gets on the phone saying it's disconnected. I'm guessing thats a GREAT sign.

How hard is it for a company to ship a silicone coupler? Honestly...

-Towels

TomsGT4

Could be cause we're getting closer to that big day where everybody buys everything from everywhere.
Sucks though, having to wait.

WarTowels

^Not sure what you mean?

In any case, I've started a resolution dispute with Paypal. It's be 15 days, and I've gotten absolutely nothing but a confirmation that they took my money, 15 days ago. We'll see if they decide to get back to me now...

:x

-Towels

toayoztan

TomsGT4":uzh6hx7w said:
Yeah, that's what I meant.
But it does sound like pretty shitty service.

Well, what kind of clues me in on HTS keeping themselves up to date or not is that their homepage makes a comment about not being able to ship stuff out after a certain date...and that was 6 months ago. They should update their site and change that. I just find that websites lacking updates or even upkeep of their site is unattractive (in a business sense :p ).

Bryan

GMan

$ WarTowels
$ Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:06 am Post subject:
$ In any case, I've started a resolution dispute with Paypal.
$ It's be 15 days,

Maybe it is me but I Hate dealing with companies that do not
list an Address, or have a contact #.

I especially Love, " it is not in stock we are waiting on our supplier..."

Email; forms have always been a problem when dealing with a dispute....
Have you tried calling their (800) 617-5534 order line ?

Good luck on the parts/refund.

Regards;

WarTowels

^No one is available to take your call!

Not shocked. They provided a different number in their e-mails for tech support. I didn't notice on their site the 'no shipping' thing, looks like they ran into problems a while ago and have yet to do anything.

I escalated my pay pal dispute to a claim, as it's been 23 days with zero contact including any response to PayPal's attempts also.

I think November 11th is a bit before the Christmas rush, so no excuse there...

-Towels

WarTowels

30 days later I was rewarded my money back.

DO NOT ORDER FROM HIGHTEMPSILICONE.com ever ever ever for anything, ever.

-Towels

Autobot

I ordered the Moroso oil pan through Summit Racing. It was on backorder, and it took about a month to get it in.