V6 Camry Alltrac?

Denver_whiteST185

They only made the V6 Camry’s with a manual from 92-93 in the SE Trim and then carried them in the CE trim from 97-98, the LE trim in 99-01’s and they haven’t made a V6 Camry since. They did make the V6 Camry Solara from 99-02 with a manual, which I personally like. They didn’t make all tracs camry’s past 91, which never had a V6.

darthripley

the SE trim level meant the camry was a 2 door coupe, not a 4 door sedan and spanned the 3rd gen (92-96).
the SE disappeared and became the Solara in 97.

overseas, they made camry's with AWD in wagon form known as the Scepter (3rd gen 92-96) and the Gracia (97-01).
now whether those had a V6 or not & could come in 5spd i am unsure on. :shrug:

wizzards581

i was told SE was a sport edition (92-96). 4dr/2dr. i seen couple 4dr SE but 5spd. edmunds.com says it exist.

darthripley":15ljpne0 said:
the SE trim level meant the camry was a 2 door coupe, not a 4 door sedan and spanned the 3rd gen (92-96).
the SE disappeared and became the Solara in 97.

overseas, they made camry's with AWD in wagon form known as the Scepter (3rd gen 92-96) and the Gracia (97-01).
now whether those had a V6 or not & could come in 5spd i am unsure on. :shrug:

Chai

This will sound far fetch but when I was in the market back in 2002 to buy a car, I ran across a 93 V6 camry that the dealer said was an 4wheel drive.

Now I took it for a spin didn't notice anything different from the fwd models. Wish I would have look under the car for a rear diff.

Anyways I didn't believe him either but now that alltracman78 mentions this rumor he heard kind of spark an interest in this topic.

GMan

> Chai
> Location: From Spartanburg, SC
> Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:19 pm Post subject:
> This will sound far fetch but when I was in the market back in 2002 to buy a car,
> I ran across a 93 V6 camry that the dealer said was an 4wheel drive.

Dealer is an Idiot. '91 was the last year for All-trac Camrys.
(91+ Japan Market cars may have it as an option, assuming one was
imported or a US car had a swap ?? )

> Now I took it for a spin didn't notice anything different from the fwd models.

You Might notice it being a bit heavy ? For a quick visual
the gas tank is visible on All-Tracs. Rear disc brakes, not drums...

> Wish I would have look under the car for a rear diff.

That would've solved it easily and you could've laughed in his face :evil:

> Anyways I didn't believe him either but now that alltracman78 mentions this rumor

Yah Just a rumor.
Possibly from owners/dealers that have seen "V6" and "All_Trac" on an owner's manual and assumed (lied to up the price?) they had Both ? :doh:

Regards;

darthripley

90 all trac":3cpfoejv said:
Some car salesmen are idiots, I had one tell me the new camry was awd :doh:

+1

when i drive my camry to the dealership to pick up parts, one salesman was wanting me to trade it in & i was like no way.

he asked me to pop the hood & he was convinced it had a turbo :roll: :twisted:

so i started screwing with him telling him it was a rare TRD Special Edition & he said he remembered one in a different color on the lot almost just like mine :|

fyi, some dealerships did sell 4th gen camry's & 1st gen solara's with just about every TRD upgrade available, but those were only the V6 1mz models :wink:

zero06

actually 1990 was the last year for the all trac option on the camry
and there were v6 5 speeds 88-91 but none with the all trac transmission
i had a 1990 all trac for my first car that i popped a 3sgte into with a celica alltrac ecu+harness. wiring was a bitch, but i had the best sleeper in town.

zero06

> zero06
> Location: Waukesha, Wisconsin
> Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:47 am
> Post subject: all trac camry
> actually 1990 was the last year for the all trac option on the camry

In the US 1991 WAS THE last year. I have ONE.
http://www.edmunds.com/toyota/camry/1991/index.html

> Newbie

It shows.

Regards;
i remember reading an article saying the all trac system was dropped in 1991 in the us due to lack of orders. wheter it is true or not idk
i had a 1990 all trac camry and have never personally seen a 1991 all trac camry for sale anywhere

as far as newbie is concerned i dont give a shit how new i am to these forums i know my shit. i dont know how many other people here have actually put a 3sgte in a camry all trac, but probably not alot

and edmunds.com isnt the most reliable source to prove they made it that year
post the car's build sheet or vin. not that i dont believe you i want to know if they actually made it in 91

also on another note i saw an ad for a 1990 all trac camry V6 "limited edition" the owner claims, he doesnt sound like he knows his stuff though... im going to go see it now ill let you guys know if it actually exists

zero06

well i went to see the supposed awd v6 camry
turns out it was just a v6 and they didnt know what they were talking about.

GMan

> zero06
> Newbie
> Location: Waukesha, Wisconsin
> Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:09 pm
> i remember reading an article saying the all trac system was dropped in 1991 in the us due to lack of orders.

Yes it was Dropped after the '91 model year. '91 was the last year it was available.

> i had a 1990 all trac camry and have never personally seen a 1991 all trac camry for sale anywhere

They are around. I have yet to see a 5spd Camry AT, but it was
listed as an option.

> as far as newbie is concerned i dont give a shit how new
> i am to these forums i know my shit.

There is always More to learn.

> and edmunds.com isnt the most reliable source to prove they made it that year

No, but I posted a link to back up my statement.
Try to find a link to '90 being the Last year.

> post the car's build sheet or vin.

Model year is Not the same as the build date.
Do customers Ever get a build sheet ?

> not that i dont believe you i want to know if they actually made it in 91

Best I could do would be to check the door sticker.

>> zero06
>> Newbie
>> Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:54 am
>> well i went to see the supposed awd v6 camry
>> turns out it was just a v6 and they didnt know what they were talking about.

See how infuriating it can be to deal with a newbie.
They had an owner's manual with "V6" and "All_Trac" ???
So of course they have a " V6 All_Trac. " Had that happen several times.

Now how about That for a swap ?
A V6 AWD Camry using a Highlander/Sienna set up ? :D
(Auto only, but that would be ok.)

Regards;