3SGTE CAMRY UPDATES

CamryAWD

Anymore info on this car? I just picked up a 90 camry all-trac and plan to do something some what similar motor wise.

CAMRYGT4

CamryAWD":2w29ov6n said:
Anymore info on this car? I just picked up a 90 camry all-trac and plan to do something some what similar motor wise.

Since my last post we've put a lot more time into the tune and the car runs great. its pretty maxed out on the current turbo and fuel setup, I'm running about 22 psi on a ct20b. We stopped tuning it after the driveability issues were fixed and we discovered the car runs neck and neck with stage2 STIs, confirmed with a dyno 302 AWHP stage2 STIs, so Iv been happy with that. It's mostly just maintenance now, did speed source motor mounts a little wile back and all new wheel barrings and bushings, kind of boring. My attention has recently turned to my new daily driver witch is almost done so I'm about to come up with some new Ideas for the Alltrac.

Hears a pick of the DD I know its not an Alltrac so ill keep it short.
1995 Camry SE Coupe V6
Window tint 35%
Clear headlight lenses
Hids
Stereo
New windshield
KYB struts
H&R springs
Repair tear in drivers seat
Detail and buff out paint
poly sway bar bushings
Rims Tires
Strut tower brace
Upgrade speakers
New floor mats
Fog lights
Front lip
color match mirrors
mesh grill

20120524_202246.jpg

20120329_183530.jpg

CAMRYGT4

CamryAWD":20fv2nm9 said:
Since you've been there and done that, would you do anything different motor wise?

Yes, well maybe, ST205 motor insted? Iv been really happy with my ST185 swap but the st205 has more power stock better intercooler better turbo and better engine management, its a better motor in stock form. parts are harder to get though. allso I would get a front clip or half car, not a " compleat swap" because those are always missing parts. I would have done the head gasket on my motor befor I put it in too. It really depends on what you are tring to do with the car, for instance im still using the stock camry alltrac 5speed trany but now Im at a power level were if I ever want to seriously track the car I would want the st205 or 185 trany, just because the camry has open diffs. so there is alot of stuf like that, wich i would be glad to discuss in greater detail.

CamryAWD

Is it even possible to get an ST205 clip at a decent price? I would rather do it right the first time than wish I had gone a different route when it's too late. Any helpful tips you can give me would be great! I've been poking around various forums, ebay, and craigslist just trying to get a feel for what prices are going for. Being that you know what you're looking for, do you have a general idea on an average st205 price range? I was hoping to get the swap done (what ever the swap might be, still researching) at $5k or less if possible. Parts and shipping. I'll do most of the work myself.

EDIT: Something like this? Though i'm not sure if RHD would swap the price seems fair.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-94-Celica-G ... 48&vxp=mtr

CAMRYGT4

CamryAWD":3jmjlvay said:
Is it even possible to get an ST205 clip at a decent price? I would rather do it right the first time than wish I had gone a different route when it's too late. Any helpful tips you can give me would be great! I've been poking around various forums, ebay, and craigslist just trying to get a feel for what prices are going for. Being that you know what you're looking for, do you have a general idea on an average st205 price range? I was hoping to get the swap done (what ever the swap might be, still researching) at $5k or less if possible. Parts and shipping. I'll do most of the work myself.

EDIT: Something like this? Though i'm not sure if RHD would swap the price seems fair.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-94-Celica-G ... 48&vxp=mtr

thats a pretty good price for all that stuff RHD stuff is ok because you are going to use your stock throttle cable and what not, the only other thing that I know you will need is st186 front stub axles and v6 Camry front axles

CamryAWD

Excellent! Thank you for the info. I really appreciate it. I'm out of town for a while longer so I haven't even seen my All-trac in person yet. Found it on Craigs for 900 with a blown motor and sent my wife over to check it out. Made the guy an offer of 700 and he took it. If you don't mind, I'll probably be needing to come online here and message you with some questions once I get started. Again, thanks for everything so far.

phattyduck

Expect $1000-$2000 in extra parts, etc. when you do the swap aside from what you will get in the clip. Also, there will be some custom work (welding, etc.), especially with the ST205 setup (mounting extra parts, oil filter gets in the way, etc.).

If you get a clip for that cheap (I would think closer to $4k would be normal), then a $6k budget is about right, unless you go crazy. That is assuming you don't have to pay for any labor...

-Charlie

CAMRYGT4

Well it looks like the cylinder head is the first thing on my list that is going to get addressed. Camry started to run lean after a few high speed runs, at first I thought there was something wrong with the tune. After re flashing the computer and checking all the sensors I decided to do a compression check just for the hell of it, sure enough cyl #3 was 50 psi low. After a leak down test we came to the conclusion that the exhaust valve on that cylinder had warped.

Today I sent my spare head to Auburn Auto Machine for testing. Assuming the head is good it will get prepped for an MLS head gasket, set up for radius cut valve job for 1mm over sized valves, than it will get sent back to Outback were John will port ,polish and blend everything together. After that is done its back to Auburn Auto Machine for final decking and shimless buckets.

The new hardware will consist of GSC 274 cams, Supertech springs and valves, the intake side will be stainless and the exhaust side will be Inconel to prevent the same thing happening to this head. I will of coarse do the shimless bucket convention which is mandatory for the cams I will be using. When it is all said and done this head should be good to over 700 hp and that's far more than I will ever need. As the head work proceeds I will post pictures. After the new head is built I will need to 650cc injectors and a bigger turbo, we now have TIG welder at the shop and John wants to do a custom intake manifold and exhaust manifold, move the turbo and re do the intercooler plumbing, this should put me on the road to 450 to 500awhp. So big changes are in store of the blue car. Pictures soon to come!

CAMRYGT4

pokemeintheeye":9qepc1bb said:
What a great example of a swapped All-trac Camry. It's what I've always wanted. Can't ever find a clean Camry in Minnesota though.
Thank you!! and here is an updade on the cyl head project

Parts for the cylinder head are starting to trickle in!! these will go to the machine shop on Wednesday.
Intake Valve -- TIVN-1012 -- 34.50mm Head Diameter, 5.98mm Stem Diameter, 100.50mm Length
Exhaust Valve -- TEVI-1016 -- 30.00mm Head Diameter, 5.97mm Stem Diameter, 99.50mm Length
The intake valves are made of Stainless Steel with Supertech's Black Nitride Coating applied. The exhaust valves are made of Inconel for their superior heat resistance.

20121210_201209.jpg

20121210_201306.jpg

20121210_201330.jpg

20121210_201751.jpg

20121210_201703.jpg

20121210_201632.jpg

CAMRYGT4

The first stage of machine work is done, the valve seats are done and valve guides have been modified for high boost.

these are some photos of the head after an additional cleaning, as you can see the stock 3s-gte intake and exhaust ports are pretty big but will defiantly benefit from some smoothing.
20121212_133315.jpg

20121212_133329.jpg

20121212_133309.jpg

20121212_133302.jpg

Picked up the head on Tuesday from the machine shop and dropped it off at Outback with John. It will be several weeks before the porting and polishing is done and the rest of the parts come in, although I did get the valve keepers in and the stem seals in yesterday.

20121218_133821.jpg

20121218_133812.jpg

20121218_133806.jpg

20121218_133833.jpg

3sgtecamry22

Hey are you in the northwest WA
I am and I have a 3sgte all Trac camry I just recently picked up
And re assembled it and I just can't find no one but your car
And mine was on here years ago but I'm a new owner
And would like to know a couple things about are 3sgte camry

CAMRYGT4

yea I live in Bellevue and keep the Camry at my buddy's shop in Auburn.
I would be happy to answer any questions you might have or meet up.

CAMRYGT4

I don't know of anything going on in the near future. Outback Automotive, the shop that I work at part time dose dyno days from time to time. Outback dose mostly Subaru's but it were I built my car and we do a few Toyota's here and there. Also Puget Sound Toyota Owners Club or PSTOC.org holds meets from time to time.

ride_child

Hey I'm new to the forum and I'm gathering info for a swap. How was the wiring for your gte swap? I have an 91 Camry alltrac and I'm trying to decide if I want to got with an st215 gte or an st215 beams... thanks!!