Katie’s Coffee Great Falls VA Saturdays 6-9am

Roreri

I noticed a fair number of AllTracs in the Northern VA/Maryland area. If your ride has the legs, consider bringing it out next Saturday to a weekly informal cars and coffee that happens at Katie’s Coffee in Great Falls VA.

I know that sometimes these things are a bit of a pain in the ass and people have plans and so on but I’ve found the experience fun and there’s a lot of mutual admiration and cool rides to be seen. Turnout can be big. Last time I went there must have been a hundred cars.

I’m thinking of heading over to it next Saturday. It runs from 0600 and starts breaking up at 0900. People come and go as they please. If folks are interested we can coordinate for an “AllTrac row” and shoot the shit and swap tales of heroic maintenance.

Roreri

Possibly so, but I'm about to depart the NoVA scene. The 18th will be the last weekend I'll be able to make it.

Roreri

And called--at least for me--because of rain that's predicted to persist throughout the morning. Maybe next Saturday!

Roreri

Weather looks good for it this Saturday. This will be the last gathering I'll be at in the east before the move to Colorado.

Roreri

It was a great turnout today. Got to hang out with some Toyota folks.

Lorelei and MR2.JPG
One of the things I'll miss about moving to Colorado will be this event, which is pretty amazing from the standpoint of the sorts of off the wall things you'll see.

Big Ass ATV.JPG
Overall, a very chill atmosphere, though very crowded. Not this very moment, but in general. Also, Lambo pilots can be obnoxious.

Cars and Coffee Pano.JPG

Tippo

Roreri":3fxoc1hz said:
It was a great turnout today. Got to hang out with some Toyota folks.

View attachment 2
One of the things I'll miss about moving to Colorado will be this event, which is pretty amazing from the standpoint of the sorts of off the wall things you'll see.

View attachment 1
Overall, a very chill atmosphere, though very crowded. Not this very moment, but in general. Also, Lambo pilots can be obnoxious.

I always thought the Sherpa machine was so cool. Looks like a good time. GL out in the mountain region!

Roreri

Yeah it was really cool. There were some other fun machines there too, like a Buick Roadmaster station wagon with vinyl wood trim that was rally modded with large tires, three big old rally lights up front, the bumper replaced with a steel tube and rock shield made out of a speed limit sign, and roof rack with spare tire.

971B7C6B-B9BA-4ABC-971A-359AEB2B71A0.jpeg
This was a great paint job:

EBE2C7D5-3BFB-42AE-ADA5-D40AB08A65CB.jpeg

This rare bird was getting attention to both ass and front end:

FFA09C50-87D6-40C0-9BAF-7A032085B074.jpeg