EGR delete, etc.

oer

i recently picked up #2388 ST165, but it needs lots of work. so ive been replacing seals, and going through what this car needs. it runs like crap and doesnt respond to throttle that well, we know theres a vacuum leak somewhere around the intake. there are so many lines that need to be replaced, its a pain to do them all, i want ask, what can be deleted?

i found a post about EGR thats a step by step but all of images are broken (viewtopic.php?t=16163&highlight=egr+removal), which doesnt help at all :bangshead: .

i want to delete that, and things like that water cooled IAC, overall save weight, and make it less complicated with all the bs lines hanging around lol.

ive been searching around but havent had much luck. if anyone can link any posts with good info that would be amazing :D

A suggestion to you - or at least a recommendation on what I would do. Get your engine running smoothly with what it all has now - then move into deleting that which you want (one-by-one) and ensure you have a smooth running engine after each deletion. Trying to delete with an engine that already is not running well will make it a cluster for you trying to figure out how to get the engine set for smooth operation. Just my thoughts though.

oer

93celicaconv":1jrscjwx said:
A suggestion to you - or at least a recommendation on what I would do. Get your engine running smoothly with what it all has now - then move into deleting that which you want (one-by-one) and ensure you have a smooth running engine after each deletion. Trying to delete with an engine that already is not running well will make it a cluster for you trying to figure out how to get the engine set for smooth operation. Just my thoughts though.

thats the plan, the throttle coupler had a tear in it and now it seems to want to idle just fine, but now has a fuel leak and a misfire :bangshead: . since the intercooler is off, i got plug wires coming and plugs on deck for that, and as for the fuel leak, it seems to be the returns (left side hose from the bolt under the throttle) hose clamp came loose so i replace the clamp and added a some layers of Etape so itll make a decent seal. these are mostly temp fixed until i can locate parts and do a more permanent solution.

i just want to get a list and info together so that when i am ready i can go ahead and delete things as i go. id say if this posts gets a complete list of the unneeded things, maybe this post can be pinned so its not asked again, and used a reference.