• fix 5sfe headgasket and pray it works

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • turn the 92 gt into a halftrac

• fit st185 engine into the st165 finally

• Total voters

White Rabbit

Well i have jyst had one crappy week guys. !st i get accused of stealing $800 by a narctics agent out of his vehicle, then i split my whole hand open when i shatter a 50lb glass table, then me n my girl split but then to top it all off i was cruisin th ole 92 gt along and knew i had a lil exhaust leak but the next thing i kno the car wont evn start but i give it some gas and she starts up but the idle freakin sux so i jus try to get it home but i dont even make it to the end of i-265 and my temp gauge goes berzerks, next thing i know i turn on my ac from the outside to se if anything smells from the engine bay and the car becomes filled with the smell o f burnt antifreeze and then whit smoke billows out from under the hood and she dies. i get her off to the emergency lane and open the hood and saw the most wonderful thing. steam spewing out the overflow tank and antifreeze spraying out between the cylinder head and block on cylinder #1. wonderful and i later on go to take off the pressure cap and its melted to the radiator and has fallen apart. i had to use pliers to get the spring from the cap which fell into the radiator out. so here is the options and ive got three. do i go cheapskate and jus try replacing a head gasket or do i opt for a 3sgte swap and make it into a half trac or do i finally do a st185 swap into my ole st165 that i bought from a goodwill auction that did not have an engine or tranny in it.

toayoztan

The GT seems to have had it. Just junk it/part it out, and use the money to help build up the 165. You have a shell, no engine, so what else did you plan to do with the car? Put a 185 motor into there and start driving the 165!

Bryan

SuperWhite92

Fix the 165. We need alltracs.

Plus, anyone who prefers a halftrac to an alltrac is just lying to themselves (unless they can't afford one).

2RM

I got both I like the AllTrac for the grip it got and halftrac for the lightness and I like how nimble(spelling?) it is and how fast Its your choice man Half Tracs can kick some ass too :wink:

___Scott___

White Rabbit":1y0h3zkk said:
Well i have jyst had one crappy week guys.
Well, sometimes life dishes out exactly what you deserve. :shrug: Relax and watch a few episodes of "My Name is Earl."

alltrac.net

At one point in m life, I took the bus to work while saving money to work on my all trac.

If you are really an all trac lover, sell the GT and use the cash to fix the all trac.

If you just want boost, sell the all trac and turbo the GT. If you don't have time to work on either, sell both, save the cash, and find a good deal on a running all trac later on.

White Rabbit

then the decision has been made. once my hand heals the alltrac will be revived. im thinking bout a st185cs clip since i found one for about 2200

marklar88

we definitely need a couple more alltracs great choice... by the way i am still taking the bus to work to fix up my alltrac, hahaha nice one robert!

bloodMoney

Sorry about your bad luck man... I do think that the crowd has spoken about what you should do. If you have an alltrac use it! Just my $.02

-bloodMoney