General Chat

Privatise AllTrac.net??

Yes
11%
No
89%

Total votes : 46

Postby silence » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:21 am

guys, reading this thread made me want to say thanks to Robert. If you feel the same, you can post your thanks here:
http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19528
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!

06 WRX, 90 Celica Alltrac & 88 BMW TURBO 325is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei5P9LfLRdg
silence
Established Member

Postby alltrac.net » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:33 am

Even if it wasn't the coolest or most multimedia worthy site, I just want it to be free information.

I have used other FREE resources to fix MY car via the web before and it really saved me. Users of the site should never pay.

It all started on the yahoo list back in 98 (for free), so that moment in time shall always live on here.

The sponsors that pay are just chipping in to help with the hosting cost. However, for the low price they pay the return should be great on their end.

I don't mind a business using the site to gather information. However, using the site to make money always gets to me. For example, BayAreaAT has made lots of money from this site, but never paid a cent. That should really get to the vendors that DID pay. He never made a website of his own and even use the photo album that *I* spent hours personally installing, to display his products.

Take a few minutes and make a website of your own in my opinion. It is the equivalent of someone else having a yard sale in your lawn. But that is just my 2 cents.

It is all in good fun though.
ST165, then ST165, then ST185, then ST165.

Yes I've been there.
alltrac.net
Site Admin

Postby 3sgtenavyman » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:19 am

robert@alltrac.net wrote:It is all in good fun though.

Is this not the idea of owning an AT? :shrug:

That’s the hole reason I spent the money to buy mine when I didn't even see pix, I went off a friends view over the phone but I knew what ever went wrong with it I would have FUN and that I would have this site to help out and talk to people that feel the same thing I do when I get behind the wheel, my wife sits in it and it's just a car.... but to most of the people on alltrac.net and my self is a different world some times I become a different person (in a good way) my alltrac is my happiness and good fun.

Happy driving to all alltrac owners
Jonathan
Jon
st165/Black
2008 Matrix XR/ speedway blue <~the wifes car
01 ford focus/blue <~ daliy driver <~sold thank god
00 Mercury Mountaineer <~ the one doller suv
3sgtenavyman
Club Member

Previous

Return to Club Chat