• 70 mph (112.7 kph)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 80 mph (128.8 kph)

• 90 mph (144.9 kph)

• Total voters

gpmarzan

I just want to know the avg speed that our 3sgte's sees on the highway. It seems like these days people are cruising at around 85-90mph zooming pass me when I do my usual 75-80. To me, it seems like my 3sgte is screaming at those speeds. After driving cars with stock exhausts, i kinda wish that I had one for the sake of high speed silence. :cry:

ps. dont tell me to put the silencer on the motoria because it doesnt really do much. :shoots:

Simba

Generally 100+ whenever I can get away with it.

And yes, I really, really, really want a lower 5th gear.

GT4RC

man, I love my 5th gear now. I HATED driving on the highway in my gts. at 140km/h you're sitting at like 4000rpm+. And I always highway drive at about 140.

theUNYTEDone

:cry: i usually cruise at the speed limit here (50)...the police are really strict now, and i cant afford tickets. theyre especiallly attracted to loud and fast looking cars (my friend's eclipse attracts a LOT more attention than i do)

the fastest ive gone is 90mph. :roll:

...all of this until sometime pulls up next to the Four and gives me mean looks. :evil:

emicen

40 miles to work and 40 back, cruising at 85-90mph all the way, 48mpg average over 6000 miles......but thats in my golf tdi :doh:

Celica I find is more ecconomical cruising at 80-85 than at 75. Limit on highways over here is 70 though and pretty much everyone cruises at 80.

Mafix

my gears are perfect but then i have a halftrac. normally cruise at 70. decent gas milage 25ish.

Simba

BLOWNTACO":37vqqi4g said:
Simba, how much you spend on race gas to keep that thing chugging along?

Too much. :doh:

I generally use four gallons of 100 to a tank of 93, or a full tank of 100 if I'm getting silly.

TexasAlltrac

Well, over the last 6 months my cruising speed has averaged about 0.02mph which is the speed at which I can push the car in and out of the garage when I am working on it. Will this rebuilding project ever end?!?!

Before then, I would cruise around 80 to 90 mph on rural interstates and I generally stay within 5mph of the speed limit in town.

TG

gt4tified

BLOWNTACO":s7t8g4mq said:
It seems the more you get over 80 MPH the better the car settles itself.
Amen to that!
And when you cross 90mph or so, the car just accelerates like its not limited on power.....damn. Imagine what I'd do with a GT30r??? :evil:

db

6701265676.jpg

Denver_whiteST185

hmm depends on wear im going. normally, if im on the highway, im doing between 100-120 (i have hit 140mph) when i want to go fast, and between 60-90 depending on the speedlimits when im just cruising.

+1 on the longer 5th gear :pissed: