Ride of the month

Good or bad idea on here

• good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GT4RC

It sounds like everyone wants to do this, so why not set up some criteria to get it going.

everyone submit 2 pics of your car, and we vote on the best 12, only 1 pic nomination for any given member.

If it's a calendar we could aim for some seasonal stuff, like some winter or fall shots.

and are we going for looks here? or build? if it's a calendar then I think looks would make sense.

Would it be easiest to set up a temporary forum section for this and do it based on poll?

lumbercis

Two questions:

1) ST165 and ST185 only? (Let's face it, that's what this site is all about)

2) Can you nominate any pic, or just your car? Or can you nominate any car as long as it's a member's ride?

J.

maxaud

Should it be pictures only taken by the owner?
What about pictures of previously owned All-tracs that are since sold?
What about for subject matter, pics of just All-tracs? (ex: no show pics that show multiple cars)

I don't think there should be nominations as voting on multiple pictures would probably get better results. Picking good pictures would probably be better then picking good cars.

My $.02

etantshi

Pics of all trac and group pics of all tracs only should be the way to go. That's how it was in the last calendar.

Red Rabbit

Damn i didnt expect this post to get this much attention lol Tho i like that idea of a calender sice i havent owned one in years

Red Rabbit

Since everyone is agreeing on the webpage needing updated why dont we have a contest for those of us who are computer inclined to come up with a new layout for the website and vote on the best one?

Toxygene

ooh this sounds interesting.

I like that idea as well as the Calendar idea as well. I'd love to have something I could put up in my office of some sweet looking Alltracs and GT-Fours!

As far as the website layout how about if we put some restrictions on it so that it isn't crazy huge either?

Lets get some ground rules laid out and then we could start the competition.

Red Rabbit

What kind of restrictions do you have in mind?

Id love to get a calander though mine would have to be at home, dont really have an office space to hang stuff Just a rack and a bay here lol :lol:

maxaud

+1 though even if the layout doesn't change it would be nice to update the broken links atleast.

toayoztan

I wonder why Robert has not posted in this thread yet or responded. Maybe he's thinking it out.

In any case, I feel the front page does need updating, big time.

Also, when submitting for a calendar, I think the pictures should consist of members' rides only. You can submit another member's if you'd like, but it just makes it more personal.

I think the aim of what picture should be on the calendar is for what picture looks good, not just b/c we all know the member's car is badass.

Bryan