Stock All Tracs?

Insanity-74

Mine lasted stock for about 6 months...now it has had just about everything replaced.....drove my buds stock gt4 a few days ago...it was so smooth and quiet it was really nice....I`d love a standard one........I did miss the bone jarring acceleration though.

jlspec

My was still stock when I got her. Only thing she had on her was TRD Springs that was bought and installed by toyota. I've since then only added a Blitz cat-back exhaust (because old one was rattling a little),
HKS SSQV BOZ, and HKS SMF. I would still consider this stock as it really doesn't do much but prolong the life of my car. Car is driven only on some weekends and still runs like brand new, daily driver is a completely stock 93 Integra LS-S.

StranD

Completely stock. Well, except for the tires I eat through every few years but that doesn't really count does it.

ummmiono

bought mine modded and not running. momo steering wheel, walbro fuel pump, trd struts, and motor is currently being rebuilt to pretty much stock with all arp hardware and prob a tte hg and forged pistons if i have the funds. owned her for almost a year and she only ran for 2 days.
hey john stewart, superclean bay btw, very jealous.

mike325ci

if you're asking the "should i leave it stock or mod it?" question, and changing your answer daily, my suggestion is to get a cheap car (both as a base car and cheap to modify) and mod it and get that out of your system, lol. i am actually serious... i took this approach and my BMW is still stock (except for wheels) whereas the MR2 that i bought at the time was my outlet for "tinkering" and it served me well.

to answer your question, i had my ST185 stock for about 2 years. and then i had no other cars to mod (i am still not modding my BMW and not touching my Lotus), so i needed an outlet for "tinkering" once again. so i'm doing some minor suspension upgrades to the celica now (1/2 way done) and restoring the interior (almost all done). full details: http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=22973

and oh, my car runs!!!! :) drove it a few weeks ago, in fact...

yettegog

mike325ci":2xwc238i said:
to answer your question, i had my ST185 stock for about 2 years. and then i had no other cars to mod (i am still not modding my BMW and not touching my Lotus)

I can think of no reason in the realm of sanity why you would want/need to mod an exige...

Denver_whiteST185

yettegog":1ri9fgkr said:
I can think of no reason in the realm of sanity why you would want/need to mod an exige...

i can think of lots of reasons, most having to do with a vette or a Carrera slowly fading from the passenger side mirror 8)

my car stayed relatively stock up to a little over a year ago (catback, boost controller, some suspension and brake work, driveline mounts), and was daily driven. when i decided to drop an ST205 tranny and a new clutch to replace the stock one (which had grinding syncros and the clutch was needed since i bought the car) and then swapped out the intercooler along with some other mods later on. most of my mods were for replacing old stuff with better, newer stuff.

btw, the only time the car wasn't running before the clutch f-up was because of a ghetto rig mod that the previous owner did, and that was fixed pretty easily once i figured out the problem. i found a few other things rigged up during the rebuild, which were corrected.

you can only have two: fast, reliable, cheap

yettegog

Denver_whiteST185":uul4vp98 said:
yettegog":uul4vp98 said:

i can think of lots of reasons, most having to do with a vette or a Carrera slowly fading from the passenger side mirror 8)

a stock exige s would beat a c6 corvette and a (depending whether turbo/non-turbo) carrera in a track/lap type situation. I'm pretty sure there's an episode of top gear where they get a better time in an exige than a 911.

cardude

My car has
homeade short shifter
MBC
Boost gauge
EGR delete
Pretty close to stock. I spend all of the little money I have on maintenance.
At one point I had apex springs on her and later Tein coilovers. Now i am back to stock :cry:

sammyw

My Dad's GT-Four is completely stock, except for the Sirius Radio, those Japanese radio stations don't seem to make it all the way over to US, go figure.

TheNubkins

mike325ci":2jbia71q said:
if you're asking the "should i leave it stock or mod it?" question, and changing your answer daily, my suggestion is to get a cheap car (both as a base car and cheap to modify) and mod it and get that out of your system, lol. i am actually serious... i took this approach and my BMW is still stock (except for wheels) whereas the MR2 that i bought at the time was my outlet for "tinkering" and it served me well.

to answer your question, i had my ST185 stock for about 2 years. and then i had no other cars to mod (i am still not modding my BMW and not touching my Lotus), so i needed an outlet for "tinkering" once again. so i'm doing some minor suspension upgrades to the celica now (1/2 way done) and restoring the interior (almost all done). full details: http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=22973

and oh, my car runs!!!! :) drove it a few weeks ago, in fact...

Wow. Looking at your car collection I'm envious! I've only ever seen a Lotus in person twice before...and that's probably as close as I'll ever get to having one. I'm a 25 year old with a wife, a 2 year old daughter and another kid on the way(supposedly a boy). For now I have to live with our 06 Hyundai Sonata V6 which I refuse to modify. I don't see the point in doing anything to that car as it's our family daily driver and just isn't exactly "fun" to drive. I have decided(after many mind changing episodes) to actually keep the All Trac. I love cars too much and need something fun to drive, and considering it's 18 years old it still looks modern,and runs great(minus the faulty throttle position sensor I'm currently replacing)...and the awd is nice for our winters. I plan on keeping it stock for a bit and only doing very minor modifications.

Future Modifications

1)17 inch wheels/tires(gonna use the stock wheels as a winter tire/wheel combo). I'm not a fan of how the current wheels sit so far in the fenders.

2)Full turbo back 3" exhaust...and if I end up hitting fuel cut because of the new exhaust then I'll raise the fuel cutoff point.

3)Window tint, redo the leather in the front seats, replace the 10 speakers with new ones, yank the POS aftermarket alarm system that's currently in the car and replace with something that actually works.