no more Toyota timing belt ???

wizzards581

just got back from Toyota and they said the system is not taking the part# for the 3sgte timing belt. its no long available and must use aftermarket. :( is this true ??

someone or someone who know someone that works at toyota confirm this?? is there a part# update? hmm...

TheNubkins

Their parts person must be confused :roll: about something or another because I just had my timing belt done about 5 weeks ago at a Toyota dealership and they had no problem finding the part. I'd call them up again, and if you don't have luck with that dealership try another Toyota dealership.

etantshi

I can find out, I'm about to order this to finish up my build. Oh well. If it's not available... time to go HKS I suppose.

Toyota_Todd

The part number on the EPC (electronic parts catalog) is no good. Use 13568-79045 out of the "fast moving parts" catalog. Just ran into this last week, no biggie. :D

wizzards581

etantshi":2f4702ge said:
I can find out, I'm about to order this to finish up my build. Oh well. If it's not available... time to go HKS I suppose.

i dont want to pay $100 for a timing belt on a fairly stock car.

RedCelicaTRD

Toyota_Todd":2zfzna88 said:
The part number on the EPC (electronic parts catalog) is no good. Use 13568-79045 out of the "fast moving parts" catalog. Just ran into this last week, no biggie. :D

It's about time they made a big push to consolidate part numbers. Always seemed like different books/programs had different part numbers. All that does is make parts more expensive for the customer.

wizzards581

Toyota_Todd":308vgyse said:

this part# is listed for the 3sgte mr2. the celica 3sgte is listed different in part# and price. is there really a difference?

rio_cyber

hey slight ot, but how much is toytoa head gasket and termostat for 3sge
/ 3sgte engie in the states... (id need for my gts)

cca.

:doh: