It is possible to find out your GT-Four RC number

Stinger

Hey there

When i got my GT-Four RC i always wondered what number of 5000 it was. Well i have a few contacts in Toyota and i thought i would ask them if it was possible to find out. And i guess it is!!!!! :shock: :D

So apparently mine is number 515 :D

Once i work out/find out how they got that ill reveal it to you all muahah :shoots: :D

Ryan

Meurz

Your VIN or something doesn't end with 515 does it? 'Cause those are not connected.. How did they check it? :)

Stinger

No numbers that i supplied them have 515 in them. I have asked them how they got the number. Im guessing its most likely the information was pulled from a database or something.

I will let you know what they say.

Broz

Hi Ryan

I'd be keen to know :) as I thought it had something to do with the Chassis # but Meurz had showed me they wern't :oops: .

I wanted to know so I too could get some replica emblems made up for our Beasties :D :D .

Cheers, Mark

Speedricer

On the driver side door is an info. sticker, I believe the number is on that.
Mine says #275, I could be wrong though.

Stinger

I dont think the door stickers would be accurate but i could be wrong. I gave Toyota my frame number and they were able to give me the information about my RC from that.

Gary ST165

gt4tified":cgpkn56s said:
Yes, sorry I meant the frame #. If you post it, I should be able to tell you what your # is of 5000.

can you please tell me the ltd edtn build number of this this UK Carlos Sainz, last 5 digits 17091 ?

and

JDM RC last 5 digits 16339 ?

thank you ;)

gt4tified

The RC/CS/Grp A's were built from VIN# 15,000 to 20,000 so for you guys, just minus 15, 000 and voila! That's your limited edition #.

Gary ST165

gt4tified":izdjardd said:
The RC/CS/Grp A's were built from VIN# 15,000 to 20,000 so for you guys, just minus 15, 000 and voila! That's your limited edition #.

thats not correct according to my investigations.

vin 17091 = CS#2691 (14400 being the difference)

Stingers RC doesn't follow that trend either.... ( i will let him publish his chassis number should he wish to do so)

If people are willing to publish their CS/RC/GrpA build number vs chassis number it might help clarrify...

example >>> GrpA #80 = 16102

ST185ausGrpAVINplate.jpg

Edit:

just been talking to the CS owners on gt4oc. The plaque numbers were not allocated sequentially. CS#2606 + CS#2607 are both red UK CS models, but the VIN / chassis numbers are not sequential.

The EPC would also suggest that CS/RC/GrpA (grade TB4WA) production started with chassis number 15446.

Meurz

gt4tified":3jhwdiyh said:
Wrong. Mine's above 20,000 for instance and the CS number doesn't relate in any way with my VIN.

Broz

With Ryan's info/contact I was able to find out our two cars are #119 & 532 :) out of the 1500 units made for the JDM, however they wern't able to confirm if those were the build numbers out of the 5000 :shrug: .

These numbers bear no resemblance to the chassis/frame number on the vehicles ID plate on the firewall.

Anyone out there who can sort the mess out? :cry:

Cheers, Mark

Stinger

Corey Darling":13e5vtbz said:
I thought 1800 were for the JDM market?

Thats what i thought; but i guess Toyota would know right? They told me mine is 515/1500 of the "RC" builds. Maybe this is not the xxxx of 5000 :shoots:

Meurz

There are 1800 RC's built. The RC has the same numbered plaque as the CS and are numbered as xxxx•5000. The Grp A Rallye had a separate numbered plaque.

gt4tified

Meurz":20glou1f said:
gt4tified":20glou1f said:
Wrong. Mine's above 20,000 for instance and the CS number doesn't relate in any way with my VIN.

I stand corrected. Thanks buddy. So my VIN ends with ****18885, what then is my RC #?