more water to air madness

Insanity-74

Or do what I`m doing and make your own 8)

IMG_2927.jpg

Insanity-74

Yes it clears the hood...and with a little room to spare...its nearly finished as maybe 60% of the welding is now completed, just a few bits to finish up...I`ll be picking up the latest collection of welded bits up tonight. The core size is based on the World Rally Car TTE charge cooler with a bit added on for luck :D
I have been working on it for about a year now...from concept to where I`m at now...pressure testing in a few weeks time then onto the car and see if there is any difference...I hope that there is or I`m gonna look a little foolish, but its been fun working on such a project. Looking forward to getting it finished and working....will keep you all updated :smokes: :D

Insanity-74

Rick89GTS":1y7xetuj said:
Insanity-74":1y7xetuj said:
....The core size is based on the World Rally Car TTE charge cooler with a bit added on for luck :D .....
Wow, it looks a lot bigger than the TTE IC

Overall I think that it is, although the depth is the same (10 cm / 4 inch) its wider and slightly longer...the difference being that almost all of it is cooling surface where as a standard chargecooler / TTE chargecooler isnt as dense a cooling area, or as big

If anyone is interested I cut open a charge cooler a few months ago and have pictures somewhere.

Wicked Toys

I'll be installing my 185 wta next year. Can't wait. Have a Cobra Exchanger and I'll be using a Bosch Pump. Gonna get custom pipes made and install new lightly larger Oil and Trans Coolers.

That /\ WTA is sick though.

timmey

Hey Guys,

I have a st205 pump, a st185rc WTA IC and a Mustang Cobra supercharger cooler. Where did the original reservoir go on the RC/205? What has worked as a reservoir for everyone and where is there room? I relocated my battery to my trunk and still have basically no room with the pump and intake for a res.

Cheers!

Tim

Sifu

timmey":wvwqaoys said:
Hey Guys,

I have a st205 pump, a st185rc WTA IC and a Mustang Cobra supercharger cooler. Where did the original reservoir go on the RC/205? What has worked as a reservoir for everyone and where is there room? I relocated my battery to my trunk and still have basically no room with the pump and intake for a res.

Cheers!

Tim
I thought some people put it way down near the lower front fender (I recall even seeing some batteries there too).

timmey

Sifu":2ei0llnv said:
timmey":2ei0llnv said:
Hey Guys,

Cheers!

Tim
I thought some people put it way down near the lower front fender (I recall even seeing some batteries there too).

I figured thats what I'll have to do, behind the bumper off to the right or left and have a fill tube coming up to the engine bay. Thats where it is on the OEM WTA IC system? Has anyone had any luck anywhere else?

Cheers,

Tim

The factory resevoir is bolted onto the suspension brace where the
cruise control unit is located (on USDM alltracs)
i.e.. no cruise control for CS editions I believe ....

timmey

BoostedBlueToyotas":2rivxkbv said:
The factory resevoir is bolted onto the suspension brace where the
cruise control unit is located (on USDM alltracs)
i.e.. no cruise control for CS editions I believe ....

Ah, Darn! I have Cruise Control and want to keep it kinda. I'll probably get something custom fabbed to fit wherever.

Insanity-74

What resevoir are we talking about...if its the Chargecooler water system, there is no resevoir......just a chargecooler, radiator and a pump....thats it.

timmey

Insanity-74":2l985aa1 said:
What resevoir are we talking about...if its the Chargecooler water system, there is no resevoir......just a chargecooler, radiator and a pump....thats it.

Yeah the st185 RC WTA IC system I'm talking about. It never had a reservoir? I just assumed it did. I guess you just fill it with the cap on the top-mount core and there is just no res?

I will probably add one in anyway for better cooling, what are everyone's thoughts?

Cheers.

Insanity-74

I was thinking of adding as resevoir to my system, but just dont have the space....weight might be a small issue but not much. Depending upon where you put it it will need to be a sealed system....you could even put one in the boot. If you can work out a method of doing it, then Id give it either a removable top or a wide filler cap so that if you are doing quater mile runs or short sprint tracks you can fill it with ice cudes and get ubber cool charge air temps.