Need help on A/C INSTALL/move

MixMaster

I just bought this car http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa30 ... or%20Sale/ It's being shipped here to TX and I have to put the A/C back in, it's too hot here. He relocated the alternator to the back of the motor and removed the power steering and ABS is gone as well.
How hard is this REALISTICALLY to put the AC back in and move the alternator back? Should I take this to a good shop to do? any help is appreciated.

wizzards581

depends if the alternator is stil an oem and if the brackets are still there. if all the oem parts are still available, it shouldnt be too hard but check the harness it might be extended as well.

MixMaster

OEM alternator. He said that It'll take two people to hold the brackets in place and bolt it up. I haven't been hands on with one of these motors for a while so forgive me, but I'm guessing the alternator and AC sit on top of each other and run off a different belt also than what is currently there. I noticed another article about the idle up clutch engaging, etc... I just don't want to screw something up before I even get acclimated to the car.

Thanks for the help. If any of you know where I can fnd schematics or plans for an A/C removal and Alternator relocatation maybe I can go backwards and figure it out. I've searched and couldn't find a write up. Thanks again.

Nitro_Alltrac

I don't know about the AC, but if you have the OEM alternator and the stock All Trac bracket, putting that back the stock location won't be a problem. Like wizards581 said, as long as the harness hasn't been butchered, it should be a problem.

If I remember correctly when I pulled the alternator off the car, it runs on the same belt as the AC. I think it is the power steering that has the separate belt, although I could be mistaken.

darthripley

that ST185 has an 2nd gen MR2 3sgte in it, so things may be slightly different.
have you tried to search over on mr2oc.com yet? might want to look over there & see if there is more info.

nice to see another ST185 coming to Texas :D

MixMaster

Yeah it's a '93 JDM MR2 motor. I didn't even think abut trying their forum.
I'll have a better idea when it actually gets here. Thanks again guys.