email notifications...

gt4play

Is anybody else having issues with the email notifications to threads posted on alltrac.net? Maybe I'm misunderstanding the rules that apply. I assumed that:

If I start a new thread, or post in an already existing thread, I will receive an email when somebody else posts in that thread after me (and provided I'm not logged in viewing that thread). Basically, after my posting, I am automatically subscribed to that thread.

Until I return to alltrac.net to view that thread, I will receive no additional notifications that point forward. But, once I've returned and left, I would expect the same notifications rules above to apply.

Is this right? My email notifications are so sporadic - most of the time it seems I don't receive any at all.

Thanks.

WarTowels

Mine work just fine.

They only work on threads you "subscribe to". You're own posts in a subscribed thread don't count in the notification process.

Perhaps it's your e-mail provider?

-Towels

gt4play

Well, that one worked - :)

How about threads I post in that I didn't initiate? Maybe that's what it is....do I need to explicitly subscribe to these? I see the "Notify me when a reply is posted" at the base of my reply window...I'd assume this is all I need.

I'm using gmail - maybe I'm going out of my mind.

:twisted:

WarTowels

You must click "Watch this topic for replies" in order for it to work.

After you click that... it should be all set?

-Towels

gt4play

WarTowels":1x3ic2ua said:
You must click "Watch this topic for replies" in order for it to work.

-Towels

That's the ticket!

Hey Towels, where in Maine are you from? I grew up in Damariscotta - was just up there a couple of weeks ago for the 4th.