100 octane!!!

caifan

I just wanted to know if anyone here has used 100 octane on there 'Trac'...???

There is a gas station 5 miles from my house that sell 100 octane but 7 bucks a gal...

Mafix

yes, it works great as long as it is unleaded. for a street car it's a little pointless but for events it's great.

Corey

Yep, the JDM ecu LOVES IT.

I have to run it every day :cry:

and 7$/gallon is cheap, i pay 8.31$/gallon and have to mix it myself.

caifan

When I saw the 100 octane and it said 4 off road use only it got me thinkin' so I wasn't totally sure... I did put like 3 gallons and then I put 91 premium 4 the rest of the way... and it was runnin' fine!!! :smokes:

Thanks guys... 8)

CSAlltrac

I ran a full tank of 110 leaded through my car and it ran AMAZING i dont have any cats and my 02 sensors didnt have a problem with it.....im know if you ran it all the time though it would royaly screw them up........makes your exhaust white and mine shot flames like crazy according to a buddy of mine not to mention it hauled ass

Corey

Sweet lol. The higher oct must have allowed some unburned fuel into the exhaust?

I hear mine pop on occasion, but i think i hear it at the front of the car, not the back usually.

darthripley

we backfire with 93 octane all the time - i've seen the flames & you can hear it clearly in the car - it always makes me lol :twisted:

Meurz

darthripley":2jwks6uk said:
we backfire with 93 octane all the time - i've seen the flames & you can hear it clearly in the car - it always makes me lol :twisted:
What exhaust setup do you have? I reckon 3" turboback with no mufflers/cats? It sure has to do with it.. :)

darthripley

just a 2.5" KO DP + 3" Aussie MP + stock catback w/ugly dual tip Magnaflow muffler welded on by the previous owner. (catback soon to be replaced)
currently no cats, so yes i'm sure that does the trick :oops:

etantshi

We used to have 100 octane around the AUG area for a while. It was 4 dollars a gallon when 93 was still around 1.30. It is no longer sold. It was unleaded BTW.

Shaggz00

etantshi":poot91dq said:
We used to have 100 octane around the AUG area for a while. It was 4 dollars a gallon when 93 was still around 1.30. It is no longer sold. It was unleaded BTW.

holy crap that is sad... I remember when I thought $4/gallon race gas was expensive! Now $4 Premium is cheap! .... :(

___Scott___

I went to an autocross in Lake Havasu City, AZ roughly 10 years ago and the local gas station sold AvGas in addition to the usual premium/mid/regular stuff, and diesel too, all from the same pumps. I remember filling up with AvGas at $1.97/gal.

Hotrodhendrix

I could fill up my celica gt with 15 bucks back in highschool with premium... That wasnt very long ago is the sad thing. 5 years or so

gt4tified

3sgte on sub92 octane petrol >>>> :doh:

3sgte on circa 95 octane petrol >>>> :(

3sgte on 100 octane petrol >>>> :)

3sgte on C16 goodness >>>> :D

Nitro_Alltrac

Hotrodhendrix":3pti53mr said:
I could fill up my celica gt with 15 bucks back in highschool with premium... That wasnt very long ago is the sad thing. 5 years or so

I'm really showing my age now, but one of my favorite memories is when my parents said we were going to have to cut down on our driving because gas had hit 50 cents a gallon!