belt advice?

kado1000

hello guys, I have a ac compressor that is not working and I want to know if I can run just the alternator and the crank and the power steering with just one belt. any idea on what number the belt might be. I know that I need to use a shorter belt. thanks

WarTowels

I would search around, I beleive this has been covered. I *think* people use the 5SFE belt, for the models that didn't have AC...

-Towels

kado1000

yea I search for awhile now and can't find crap, I found mx6er2587, he post this (I used a dayco belt part #5050395 that I bought at rockauto.com) I look into it and can't get anything.. new more advice

wakkjobb

The pulleys don't line up to be able to use one belt; the p/steering has a 3-rib belt and the crank/alt uses a 5 rib belt. The crank pulley has different sections for each belt, so unless you find something that fits and lines up with all the pulleys... can't be done.
I got rid of the AC and my local parts store (Checker) had a listing for cars without AC. It fits, don't have the part# handy right now. That rockauto number looks close, the last three numbers are the belt length in centimeters, so you might have to add or subtract a few to get the right fit. They go by increments of 5 too; like 395, 400, 405...

Babble On
Dan

wizzards581

impossible to use one v-belt on ps and alternator... alternator belt w/o ac is available... toyota says jus use the oem tensioner, its been tested will never fall off... i tested at 7k rpms many times nothing happens...