What can be removed (engine bay)

bluemonkey

So if you've looked at my other thread, its a pretty good conclusion I'll be having to replace my HG. I'm planning on leaving the block inside the car while I do this. I've heard there's only like 2 vacuums that are needed for the car to run fine. One was for the fuel pressure regulator but I can't remember the other. Anyone know which vacuums are needed?

I plan on pulling all the a/c parts since I don't really care for it. I've heard you can remove the charcoal canister and I'm not worried about any emission items so I want to get rid of those as well. I can probably fab up the block off plate on the valve cover but I don't know what all else there is that I can get rid of. What items can I get rid of and to clean up the engine bay? I plan on having a MBC so I don't think I'll need the stock tvis? I think that's the one that limits the stock boost. I already have a catch can installed. I also have a straight intake as well.

Can I get rid of all the items on the back of the intake manifold? I plan on keeping power steering since I recently bought a new pump, is there a way to relocate the alternator to where the compressor bolts up?

RafaCalde

if you have the tvis and haven't gutted it yet you still need to the leave it connected so it can open. if i am wrong someone please correct me.

CeliNate

TVSV is what controls stock boost. wastegate boost is only about 6psi, TVSV bleeds off some boost from the wastegate so it runs at about 10psi. TVIS are butterflies in the intake manifold runners that stay closed below 4000RPM to help with low end torque, then open for top end power. Just figured I'd throw that out there :)

shoteh

bluemonkey":lbl6zjld said:
Is there a way to relocate the alternator to where the compressor bolts up?

Why would you want to do this?

TVIS and TVSV are different and perform different functions. You can cap the tvsv for the mbc. Leave the tvis alone. Charcoal can, Egr, cruise control, ac, powersteering, abs, relocating the battery.