air intake

celi_wabbit

Hey guys... can anyone tell me what the diameter OD/ID of the ct26 turbo and or MAF? Basically, i need to find a strait pipe from the turbo to the MAF and I need to know this so I can mod my cold air intake.

Thanks!

you could get a piece of 3" aluminum tube and get a 3"coupler and a 3" to 2 1/2"(i think) coupler for the turbo side an ya should be fine u doin a straight intake? might wanna get an extender for the sensor harness too :wink:

All-Trac Dude08

WarTowels":18e7mcox said:
Uh... the CT-26 doesn't have a 3" inlet.

It's 2.559".

You will need a 3" to 2.5" reducer.

-Towels
Yup, it's a little bit smaller than a 3", but it's a little bit bigger than a 2.5". I used a 3"-2.5" coupler, but the 2.5" was a real tight fit!!

celi_wabbit

How about the barb on the side? I think there are two, maybe more what size are they? bc I may have to get one custom made for me.

kmorrow

no - the pipe goes from 2.559991919191" at the Turbo to 3" at the snazzy metal tube with the PCV tube, and stays that diameter until the MAF.

Get a 2.5 to 3 coupler and you outta be good

celi_wabbit

No man... I'm talking about the little "nipple" if that's what you call it, that is part of some kind of vacuum. I see two maybe more and it runs to the valve cover and so on. Is that a 1/2 barb or 5/8? got to have that on the intake.

sbart83

where can you get these types of intakes, premade steel/whatever and the 2 nipples for pcv and iscv? do they all have to be custom made, or are they available from a vendor?

WarTowels

I'll be making 5 intakes this weekend.

Nothing fancy. 3" diameter Mill finish aluminum with two 1/2" aluminum ports. Ports will be welded on. Prolly sell them for around $30-35 a pop, depends how much my welder charges me. Approx. length with be 9", which should be more than enough and in many case will require cutting to size.

If anyone wants on a specific length, I can make that for them- but I need to know by Friday at the latest.

Cheers,

-Towels

celi_wabbit

9" is pretty long isn't it? you only have so much room from the turbo to the fender on the pipe w/ MAF + Filter. Wouldn't 6" to 7" be about right? I got to go the the car and measure this distance.

Hhhhmmmm? I might be interested!!!??? let me know on the price. I have to see if it's cheaper and easier to go with you or how hard it is to look for a welder on my area.

WarTowels

The point is to have it longer.

If I'm not given the specific length needed, or the recipient dosen't know- you would want it longer so that it can be cut down.

Can't make the tube longer too easily, but simple as pie to chop and inch off.

-Towels