Distributor Plug Wires wrong colors? No Spark

bluemonkey

So I just completed a headgasket swap and in the process, the wires going from both the distributor and coming from the distributor decided they wants to get loose. I tried to color match and connected them that way but no luck once I tried to start the car. It cranks but doesn't fire up. I pulled a spark plug wire off the spark plug and tried grounding it onto the intercooler to see if it would make any sparks but nothing happened. I haven't tried this on the coil just yet as I figure its the wires on the distributor causing the problem since the car ran before this. I considered it could be the timing since I had to put the car to TDC while I did it but I think it would still spark.

The big problem, my wires colors don't match the BGB.
I'll list what I have in comparison to the BGB states.
from dist:
yellow BGB doesn't have a yellow coming from the dist, it has black
green
red
white

from harness:
red
green
yellow
black BGB doesn't have a black listed, it has blue

I tried
dist-harness
red-red
green-green
white-yellow
black-blue
&
yellow-red
green-green
red-yellow
white-black

Any advice or maybe a diagram that has these colors? The dist. is a genuine Toyota dist. that came with the car, has the green label on it. Any ideas on what else could keep it from starting incase I did have the wires connected correctly?

This is on a st165, original motor.

bluemonkey

I'm thinking i coould look at the wires coming off the ecu and compare to how they are in the engine bay. Anyone have any ideas?

bluemonkey

Ok well I looked at the ecu plug and the colors matched up. I have it written down but I ended up having 6 wires coming off the distributor, 3 white ones that I connected to the red ground. I gotta look for it, the car starts up but won't hold idle at all. I think I messed up the timing since I set the crankshaft to TDC and the cam gears but they were both pointed inwards a little but I didn't touch the dist.

I'll order a new timing belt and set them all just like the BGB says and hopefully it runs right. I have to give it gas to keep it alive. It was tapping but I advanced the timing vua distributor and it went away.