noise/rough rev

peteleetzor

Hello,

just drove home from school today, not sure what happened but started making a rougher noise pretty sure near the alternator area, there was a thread like 4 years ago and same description but the OP never posted about it being fixed or not.

noise starts at roughly 1.6k rpm stops around 2k rpm, could a bad alternator create this issue, because last couple of days my discharge(battery) light came on and off, I just thought it was lose connection or heat or something.

anyways will upload video soon of the problem.

AS for the alternator, im planning on replacing the whole thing with a celica GTS one 80amp, shouldnt be a problem right just a simple take out and put back.

88gt4DE

Sounds like a good poss ... being the charge light is coming on prol where I would start. both problems start same time ?

peteleetzor

okie a small update, I double check both the terminal, took it off and clean them, hard. My negative terminal was like really loose even after I tighten it, so bought a new nut.

After that put them both back on, when to two auto shop and auto zone to triple check battery and alternator reading, came out they are both working.

As for the noise, its not as apparent now , but still seem like there is a loose something, possibly the exhaust hanger. Will get the car jacked up soon.

PS: I hate midterm week, its so stressful already.

-Pete

peteleetzor

well, the battery discharge light came on again driving home, not really sure why. Will see if I can post a vid of pic later on tonight.

anyone else have ideas on it might be? Popped up the hood and everything looks normal, but havnt got time to play around with the wires yet.