Can you guess what this is?

TheNubkins

Alright Alltrac pros, here's a question for you regarding a 1990 ST185. What does, or should I say DID, this hard line go to, what function did it serve? It's open to the atmosphere and appears to have been cut and bent away from the original guide. This pic is taken looking down from the driver's side. It runs along the firewall and just under where the steering shaft comes through...the rusted universal joint is visible above the line. Just had my motor rebuilt yet again and discovered this.

9b21.jpg

ea86.jpg

klue

breather for the gas tank vapor , vent it out of the engine bay if possible. or back to the charcoal can

underscore

klue":3d9khil9 said:
breather for the gas tank vapor , vent it out of the engine bay if possible. or back to the charcoal can

it normally vents into the east-west crossmember doesn't it?

ALLensTRAC

underscore":vc2ez19u said:
klue":vc2ez19u said:

it normally vents into the east-west crossmember doesn't it?

Actually there is a small one way valve that sits in the left side frame rail below the fuel filter bracket and that's where it vents. I removed the entire line and vented it into the rear cross member using the same valve.

TheNubkins

I think I'll be rerouting mine as well. Found a nice writeup on the forums. And yeah, I was having crazy det problems. The shop that built and tuned the car blamed it on a vac/boost leak in the source line that had the ECU, boost controller, and 2nd boost gauge tapped into. So apparently the boost controller was only seeing 15psi, and was trying to reach 20psi, but it was actually boosting at 35psi and was fueling and running timing for 15psi. Sort of explains why is get such horrible det with barely any throttle input.

Break-in point on the rebuild again. Can't wait to get the thing sorted out. Have to deal with my erratic tach next. Ugh...